Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Thiel 12" sub

I have a Thiel 12" sub available that I got from their inventory auction.  Never been used or mounted.  I'll see if I can get some pics and specs up later, but it's a beast.  $120 + shipping.

Comments

• edited July 2020
    Wow, that thing is a monster! PM me with shipping estimate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thiel-Smartsub-1-12-Subwoofer-/202717024106
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • At the price Dan is letting it go, it's a very nice sub. At the price it's listed in ebay, the CSS 12SDX is much better.

Dan, you don't happen to have another paid hiding somewhere, do you?
    rjj45
  • ani_101 said:
    At the price Dan is letting it go, it's a very nice sub. At the price it's listed in ebay, the CSS 12SDX is much better.

Dan, you don't happen to have another paid hiding somewhere, do you?
    Didn't you buy my last pair!?  No, in fact this one is from the pair that I bought for a coworker who only ended up using one of the subs in her Jeep (one is plenty!)  I'm just selling this one for her.

What did you end up doing with the first pair?
  • In for specs as I was about to buy a pair of 390hf's......
  • joeybutts said:
    In for specs as I was about to buy a pair of 390hf's......
    Sorry Joey - Don already pulled the trigger! 😂
    joeybutts
  • Don should have used up all his buy it first tokens by now...
    rjj45joeybutts
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • He got one heck of a deal.  
    rjj45
  • Just ONE of the advantages of working from home full time.  =)
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • When 15SDX?
  • ani_101 said:
    When 15SDX?
    We got one prototype and it was good (probably good enough honestly, but what fun is that?) but we couldn't take full advantage of the motor with the soft parts available.  So we ordered a new prototype with a new basket to use a larger spider and then Corona happened.  Our supplier shut down for two months and when they came back, they switched over to full time mask production and as far as we know, they haven't switched back yet.  Could be another couple months until we get the prototype back and then we'll go from there.
    ani_101