Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

WTB: RS125-8S single or pair

I helped build a 5.1 system for my brother-in-law a few years ago using the shielded version of the RS125-8 and one of them stopped working. Looking to replace that one and I'd take another one as a spare if someone only wants to sell as a pair.

Comments

• Will an unshielded version help you?

• @howard said:
    Will an unshielded version help you?

Not a ton - I can get a new one shipped from PE for a good price, which is what I'll do if I can't find the shielded version. I think they are very similar - I'd just rather have the real thing if possible. Thanks though!

• Could you put the sheilding magnet onto the un-sheilded replacement?

• @kenrhodes said:
    Could you put the sheilding magnet onto the un-sheilded replacement?

Ooh, that's a great idea! Do you know if those cups/magnets come off easy? I don't currently have the driver in my possession.

• I can assure you that the magnet is really on there with some epoxy like adhesive. I've heard of people removing them by heating the driver up on a stove to soften the glue. If the driver is already burnt you might as well pan fry it too ;)

You can of course buy new bucking magnets, Solen stocks a few:
    https://solen.ca/product-category/accessories/bucking-magnets/

DanP
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I would start with an electric skillet at 200* and work your way up. Magnets are brittle so heat it slow and coolnit alow as well.