Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Drivers for sale

I find myself with an extra 40+ hours a week right now, so will be boxing up and shipping stuff to just make room if nothing else. Nice stuff, decent prices. I will cross post to PETT in a few days, but the prices there will be higher since it is PETT.

Qty Size Make Model Description Price Shipping
4 4.5" Rival ACB-04-C 4-1/2" Aluminum Cone woofer $100/4 TBD
2 7' Rival R176-GF-08 7" Uncoated glass fiber woofer $85/2 TBD
2 7" Rival R176-ACB-08 7" Aluminum Cone woofer $85/2 TBD
2 7" Rival R176-PM-08 7" Poly Mica cone woofer $85/2 TBD
2 5" SB SB15NBAC30-8 5" Black aluminum cone woofer $75/2 TBD
2 5" Rival R152-KJ-08 5" Kevlar cone woofer $75/2 TBD

Shipping won't be too terrible to the lower 48, I can take advantage of my wifes corporate account and they will actually pick up at the house. It will, however, take me some time to get the packing materials lined up.

I know Mr. Hollander has put dibs on the SB, so they are his unless he declines.

Kornbread wanted the 8" and 4.5" aluminum, but as you see the 8" are no longer on the list.

I know a few other guys have expressed interest as well.

I have to go through the collection one more time, there may be others coming up, as well as possibly some amps and other shit. We'll see.

All drivers are bolted face to face, will be well packaged. Anyone who has ever bought drivers from me knows I know how to get them there safely. You will need a small adjustable or a 11/32" wrench to get the hardware apart.

This is a re-boot of this post:
https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/1397/nice-stuff-for-sale/p1

Pictures (in no certain order).

I have a signature.

Comments

• You unemployed again, JR? I'm not sure how to read your intro as too much work or none at all.
    If so, I wish you the best. Those GF Rivals look sweet, but I have enough drivers sitting.

• Yeppers, out looking for work.

I have a signature.
  • My shelves are full also, but I missed out of those Rival mids earlier, and now I have extra funds. How's the knee doing?

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Permanently at 70%. I'll never run again, I'll never do full squats again, I'll never do full chambered kicks again.

I have a signature.
  • Put me in the queue for the SB15NBAC30-8s in case Mr. Hollander abstains.

• @jr@mac said:
    Permanently at 70%. I'll never run again, I'll never do full squats again, I'll never do full chambered kicks again.

Sad, but you can still walk and continue DIY. I tried to go back to Aikido before Covid, and sensei popped my elbow bad since I was so tight. Still unknown if I'll ever be able to do that again.
    Give Amanda and the kids a hug!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I'll take the 5" Rivals, I really don't need more drivers, but what the hell.

• I'm still good for the poly cone rivals. They'd be for my next build, actually.

• Bad timing JR. I'll take the quad of 4.5" and maybe the pair of 7" glass fibre.

• I got the PM'S, I'll update thread etc later today.

I have a signature.
  • Sorry but I still want those SBs. I'll send JR a PM

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • No problem John, I just wanted to get in line in case you changed your mind.

• JR, it's your sale. (duh!), but I PM'ed you about the 4.5" mids well before Kornbread posted publicly.
    but it's your call...

• OK, trying to sort this out. Be patient, I am kind of slow on these things.

I have a signature.
  • edited October 2020

Qty Size Make Model Description Price Shipping
    4 4.5" Rival ACB-04-C 4-1/2" Aluminum Cone woofer $100/4 TBD rjj45
    2 7' Rival R176-GF-08 7" Uncoated glass fiber woofer $85/2 TBD possible pending
    2 7" Rival R176-ACB-08 7" Aluminum Cone woofer $85/2 TBD
    2 7" Rival R176-PM-08 7" Poly Mica cone woofer $85/2 TBD S7910
    2 5" SB SB15NBAC30-8 5" Black aluminum cone woofer $75/2 TBD John H
    2 5" Rival R152-KJ-08 5" Kevlar cone woofer $75/2 TBD ugly_woofer

I have a signature.
  • All updated, now I need some time to get things packed up. My wife has a scale and the ability to print out shipping labels here (one of the perks of converting 1/2 the master bedroom into a home office - the other being the ability to maybe get a tax deduction on the space).

Sorry for the delay, fighting with my 401(k) provider, the IRS, interviewing like a madman (including a lot of non-direct support manufacturing roles, a good change from my career to-date), and just in general trying to keep my mind in the game. Try and find a damn foam roller in this city, seriously - what gives? Plenty of the 4" and 6" styles, no full size.

Anyways. I'll get costs together and reply to your various PM's when I do so.

Thanks again for your patience.

I have a signature.
  • edited October 2020

Try a PVC pipe in place of a foam roller. Wrap it with athletic tape.
    (Sorry, I thought you went off topic and were looking for a roller for your back.)

• I oversize my cnc cuts. I find flush trimming to be easier than flush grind sanding....

My template is true to size all other prices are 1/16 ok oversize so overall 1/8 larger...

The template goes in the middle then I can glue and trim two sides at one go...

kenrhodes
  • edited November 2020

@jr@mac said:
    Try and find a damn foam roller in this city, seriously - what gives? Plenty of the 4" and 6" styles, no full size.

I may have a line on some locally. How many ya need?

• Alright guys, distractions minimized. Please PM your addresses so I can get shipping costs lined up. I will ship on Monday if that is OK.

I have a signature.
  • Drivers should all have delivered yesterday or sometime today.

I still have the aluminum cone 7" pair available, and I have started looking at the rest of my stash, as well.

I have a signature.
  • ......._ carbon fiber Rivals_.........?

• Are the Rival R176-GF-08 and R176-ACB-08 sold or still available?

• I only have the 7" aluminum currently.

I have a signature.
  • Mine survived the journey, but I can't say the same for the boxes. One box even had a hole worn/torn into it.

• @ugly_woofer said:
    Mine survived the journey, but I can't say the same for the boxes. One box even had a hole worn/torn into it.

Ugh, I hate when that happens. Glad the drivers are ok.

I have a signature.
  • Mine arrived safe and sound. Thanks, JR.