Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Minwax Polycrylic

I used Minwax Polycrylic on this project and I've come to the conclusion that this product is crap. When sanding to put another coat on, it leaves a cloudy white look where I sand. I'll be bringing it back to Home Depot and also writing a review. The amount of work that this product has caused me is disgusting.

Comments

• Good to know.

• I concur. Go for minwax water based polyurethane if you want a water based poly finish, leave that polycrylic crap on the shelf.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I agree. Very plastic looking, and sands like crap. Threw out my can after 1 use

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • This product is so bad that I'm taking Minwax off my list of manufacturers completely.
    I've used Verathane products over the years without any issues. I have no idea why I decided to try this in the first place and man do I regret it.

• I had a great result with SPRAY Polycrylic (NLA) when I did the baffles for my Vijon project. I've not used the brush on or wipe-on stuff.

• Eventually you'll find that Varathane = Rustoleum = crap imo...

R-Carpenter
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I've used it on at least 100 projects without issues and find it sands perfectly.