Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (9)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

REQUEST: Quick Measurement Help

Hey, I'm hoping for some assistance. I tried to measure a compression driver (albeit at a low volume) with REW, but it falls off a cliff above 4.7k. I measured some other completed speakers and they test fine. Any ideas?
\

MFG Provided Below

Comments

• That's really strange. Do you have it mounted on a horn?

• The only time I had weird measurement on a CD was when the was crap in the gap. Play something through it to make sure.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Ok, so I removed the horn and tested the non-neo version of the driver, both in and outside the horn. Same kind of results. I played an 8k test tone and it is coming out fine, so something is causing it to stop in the sweep (yes, it is set up for 500k-20k). I'm open to suggestions.

• edited November 2020

So, feeling dumb, truly an uneventful resolution--something in REW changed in the middle of a bunch of measurements today. I uninstalled REW and deleted all associated files and started from scratch. Looks like I should be back on track.

ani_101