Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Migrated to new hosting

edited April 2021 in Announcements

I'll be moving the MAC server to new hosting shortly, it looks like Thursday or Friday AM. During this time the DNS records will be moving too, so you will likely lose access to the site for a few hours, and up to one day. We have had issue with e-mail from the start on this current host, and are moving to one that is known to lack these problems.

FYI. I'll post again when I confirm which day it will be.

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
jr@macPWRRYDR-CarpenterSilver1omoani_101kenrhodesRon_E6thplanetjhollanderrjj45and 4 others.

Comments

• Thank you JP!

• Confirmed to be Thursday.

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Yeah that ol DNS propagation can take some time when moving shit over. Thanks for the forum support Jason !!

• Migration under way, everything looking good so far.

• Ok, should be good to go. The only thing left is to see if e-mail notices are being sent from the forum properly but that likely won't resolve for some hours.

kenrhodeskennyk
  • Thanks JP

I have a signature.
  • Looks good! Seamless move so far.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I don't seem to be getting email notifications, anyone else?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • OK working now

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited May 2021

@jhollander said:
    I don't seem to be getting email notifications, anyone else?

I've noticed some serious lag on notifications, I'm adding it to my TODO list.