Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Chicago native needing measurement/software help...

At InDIYana last weekend, I was approached by a newer builder and first timer whom requested someone to tutor him in how to use the software and how to measure.
If anyone would be open to helping someone in huge detail, please PM me.

kenrhodes

Comments

• It's worth a drive, Ben, no?

I have a signature.
  • For me- a 4.5hr drive over several days (his words not mine) seems a bit of overkill.
    He asked if there was a local person who could help, and I know there are a lot of windy-city builders.

• Someone might be able to use team viewer and zoom.

kennyk
  • I was just hacking on ya, Ben.

kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • It might be helpful to add a north or south side to that, Chicago covers a fairly large area. If it is Vincent, he told me that he was on the north side.

• edited May 2021

+1 to what Nick said. If they are from the far North side it could actually be easier for someone in the Milwaukee/Kenosha area to help them. If they are out in the West burbs I might be able to help them at some capacity. Only problem for me is it is now the bicycle and swimming pool season for our family. I squeak in speaker projects when I can.

kennyk
  • More info:

I came to the Indiyana meet up ask around if anyone would be interested in Teaching me to make proper measurements on speakers, on a per hourly/daily fee basis. Power response, phase response, impulse response, distortion, as well as crossover modeling.  I found that a dual channel measurement system, Arta and VituixCAD  would be good software packages.  I would purchase the needed hardware, obviously.  in the city, Logan Square neighborhood

• @ugly_woofer said:
    It might be helpful to add a north or south side to that, Chicago covers a fairly large area. If it is Vincent, he told me that he was on the north side.

Vince has some impressive chops already for designing. He and I used to talk with Jeff back in the early '00s on the old Mad-board.

• Ya know- Vince might be a valid answer as well... I'm sure he would help.