Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Fifth summer project - quickie

Teng Hong glass fiber 3.5 and Aiyima schnazzy Vifa knockoff, 0.15 cubic feet, 86hz F3.

I know cabinets seem large for such a driver - but that isn't a problem. Not sure what to do with them just yet, but I am still motivated in changing driver inventory into finished speaker inventory.

Powered by a Lepai 2.1, bass by Tang Band 6.5 + PR.

Just a quickie project to keep me from starting the finishing stage on IV too soon.

I have a signature.
Ron_Erjj456thplanetsquamishdroc

Comments

• You are officially making me feel lazy. Well... at least as far as DIY speaker building is concerned. Seriously though, loving your projects and energy. Go go Ranger!

jr@mac
  • That woofer looks way cool, bet it performs ok also. I drop some $$ every once in a while on Ali and have found some gems.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Craig, I bet JR will beat you this year....

• Been years since I've been this motivated.

Must be the kid being engaged.

rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • 😁

I have a signature.
  • JR I'm interested to see where you go with this tweeter. I could use a small set of speakers for the bedroom, so I like the idea of a small 2 way with a ~3 or 4" woofer. Could be an ND105 or something else low cost... I'll stay tuned!

• Well, tried adding a 3/8" chamfer tool the front today. The shit MDF did not play nice, lots of tear outs. Delaminated on me.

I might be able to fix it with a 1/2" round-over. I'm demotivated right now.

On the other hand, I started drafting plans for a couple killer HT subs.

I have a signature.
  • Been there, when it happens to me, I soak the edges with slow curing epoxy and then use the next bigger radius bit, like you said. It seems that manufactured wood products are continuously getting worse, evidently the adhesive is just too expensive to use the proper amount. Corporate mentality, but I digress. Good luck with the repair.

jr@mac
  • For smooth routering or cutting double refine MDF has to be used. Plumcreek or Ranger are the best