Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

series crossover questions

How to modify the high-pass filter design from a 2nd order to an approx 3rd order (to attenuate the high-pass a bit more)- if possible with a series crossover design? (i.e a 2nd order LP with a 3rd order HP series crossover)

Additionally, can someone provide a skematic of a series 2nd order HP with a 1st order LP section? I'm trying to get my head around how these designs could be set up.
Thx

I've attached a screen shot of a 2nd order LR series crossover

Comments

• Place another coil across the tweeter to get 3rd order on it.
    Remove/short the series coil on the lowpass to get 1st order.

There are many different ways to use attenuation via resistors, et al.

• Wolf,
    If you don't mind taking a look at the attached images, to see if I'm looking at this correctly (series positioning of components is not intuitive to me)
    thx

• edited July 2021

After looking at this a bit more, I think I got the additional L placed correctly for the 2nd order LP + 3rd order HP, but for removing the coil from the right side of the sheet to get to a 1st order LP + 2nd order HP I think I Xed out the wrong coil - I beleive it should be the coil at the bottom of the skematic that should be removed.

I would appreciate confrimation- thx

• Remove BOTTOM coil in schematic, not the other one.