Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Aurum Cantus AC-130F1

Does anyone have real measurements for the Aurum Cantus AC-130F1?

Comments

• I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • FS= 52 Hz? WOW, what a difference compared to published specs. Thanks

• Qts is rather high, spec is rather low. AC isn't known for quality control and spec accuracy.

rjj45
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Ya, I was kinda hoping to use it for a small monitor but looking at the specs I'll have to find another.

• I had a pair of the AC120 that were wildly different not only from advertised, but also from each other. During an Xmax stress test, one of them had the glue holding the coil to the cone fail.

I don't have any experience with the 130, but given the amount of anecdotal evidence I have seen that AC lacks any kind of even nominal QC I have no reason to believe you are gambling when buying anything of theirs.

Gowa
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    I had a pair of the AC120 that were wildly different not only from advertised, but also from each other. During an Xmax stress test, one of them had the glue holding the coil to the cone fail.

I don't have any experience with the 130, but given the amount of anecdotal evidence I have seen that AC lacks any kind of even nominal QC I have no reason to believe you are gambling when buying anything of theirs.

I recall this , big let down :anguished:

• Remember, it is the Continuum woofer.

• Continuum is a small sealed box - will be fairly tolerant of t/s variations.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • The Eclipse W520R might be worth a look...

• I seem to recall a comment from Jeff B that the recent AC130s had a lower FS.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @Billet said:
    The Eclipse W520R might be worth a look...

I'm not impressed with that driver even at the price, but thanks.

• AC-130 is impressive but the W520 is not? Curious?

• My pair of AC130's measure 50 & 52hz after just exercising them by hand. The qts is high at about .62 .

jhollanderGowa