Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New little amp from Dayton

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-DTA-100LF-Desktop-Low-Frequency-Amplifier-with-EQ-300-3805?utm_source=All Contacts - Master List&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=220513_Dayton Audio (update of 220330 email) (RQ52Ey)&_kx=oP0G6WgloG91j4SngY_wzAywCUF2qoUm5zb3b0v_Bmo=.V6FJTs

Been meaning to make a post on this but have been either lazy or working for a while now.

Anyways, some cool features for its size including a built in power supply (no big stupid brick to trip over because my cable management is half-assed), a high-pass filter, a full 0-180 degrees phase adjustment, and single band EQ. If the power ratings are even half accurate, it could allow for a nifty desktop bass module. I might do some modeling later with the 6.5" Tang Band and see what's up. The manual says "0.26% THD at rated power" which seems oddly specific for an amplifier distortion rating. It also claims 145W power consumption, so the 100W at 4 ohms might very well be more or less accurate. Hell, I might buy one and send it to Big D and have him put it on the amp dyno.

I have a signature.
rjj45

Comments

• edited May 2022

The only thing it's missing is a high pass on the line out.

• edited May 2022

It has an adjustable subsonic filter @blue934 , and in stock at Solen.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Yeah, a variable high-pass on the line out would be a welcome addition.

I am still waiting for someone to sell me a 5.1, 5.2, 7.1, 7.2 lineup of these things - especially in a plate form factor. I know I could buy one of these and several other small amps and do it that way but again, my laziness is a factor.

I have a signature.
  • I caught that also, thanks dcibel.
    David