Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

ERSE is done...

edited May 2022 in Related

https://www.dejohnfuneral.com/james-jim-smolik/

I had known of him in my InDIYana prize sourcing outreaches, and conversed with him on more than one correspondence. I did not know him well...
Apparently this was almost a year ago. His company will be closed permanently.
May he rest in peace.

jhollander6thplanetJasonPSteve_Lee

Comments

• Well that just sucks.

• That does suck. One by one PE's competitors are dropping off. Let's hope Madi and Meniscus are able to hold on - the last thing we need is a Stahl monopoly.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

• I've been calling them every few months for the last year to see what's going on with their supply, but they weren't forthcoming with this info and always just told me to check back in a few months. Wolf - do you have any more details on the business closure? They haven't told me they were closing, though the only contact number I have is for the umbrella company Erse seemed to be under.

• Just hearsay from people on DIYaudio that the widow wants nothing to do with it anymore "as seen on Youtube". I received a notice that there was a full page ad in Voice Coil of ERSE components last month with a Chinese phone number. I have heard that several people have tried to buy out the company, but to no avail, or sheer avoidance of the subject from the widow.

Several over there on DIY have placed orders on the ERSE website, only to have it cancelled and their CC not billed the next morning with no explanation whatsoever.

DanP
  • I hope somebody buys the design and tooling for the ERSE Super Q Laminated Iron core inductors. Currently they are all on back order at PE. It's sad to see another supplier go out of business we need the competition to keep the cost of parts down and competition also drives innovation. Unfortunately there are currently too many manufactures producing nearly the same crossover components to the point that they have just become a commodity.

• I had no idea and this is terrible news. Their capacitor prices there are stellar and the USPS shipping is so dirt cheap. The last few orders I have placed have missed parts and when I inquired I got no response. This is bad news for the audio community.

• What sad news. My next door neighbor died of the same thing... just terrible! :'(

• Rumor mill again, new information:

The latest news is that some employees of ERSE USA are trying to start up a new company. Thew will get the cores and bobbins from ERSE China.

• Just hit it today for the first time in a while and their website is down. Nslookup still resolves the name but the page itself is down and unpingable. It is also responding on port 80 + 443 so the server is up but the page is down.

• edited June 2022

Looks like we get an exorcism by a priest along with their capacitors as this scary text accompanies them:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. "

:#

• @Steve_Lee said:
    Looks like we get an exorcism by a priest along with their capacitors as this scary text accompanies them:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. "

:#

That's placeholder text for some web design templates. Not quite there yet

• Translation - “Nor is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain.”

• Oh thank goodness.

• @Tom_S said:
    Translation - “Nor is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain.”

" ... but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it?".