Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Thiele/Small Parameters and dual coil drivers

Q: Affects of connecting coils in series on T/S parameters
Understanding impedance will double, which of the other parameters will need adjustment for modeling.

Thx

Comments

• Just measure all parameters in the intended configuration.

rjj45
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • https://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/1489340-tested-parameters-of-2x-e150he-44
    Remember that the 1W rating is 8 ohms/2.83v. 2 ohms is 4W, 4 ohms is 2W for conversion.

• Here's a handy chart I've used. It's for individual drivers, but applies to DVC drivers too. For DVC drivers you first need to determine how the coils were wired for the published T/S specs: sometimes the coils are connected in parallel (column 2 in the chart), but in the case of the E150HE-44 the coils were connected in series (column 3 in the chart).

• edited August 2022

Thx guys.
    This gives me a starting point from published, then measure.

I'm hoping to initially get close to start with a Zobel, I'm looking at the Epique E150HE-44 crossing somewhere between 300 and 600 to Audio Nirvana 4in full range- targeting the net baffle step when measured.
    I tend to prefer placing Xovers out of the 1-3.5Hz region, and the AN's (their 4's and 6's) easily get past my top hearing range.