Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Looking for a Seos8 horn?

Anybody got a pair or one it can be broken it doesn’t matter. I’m just gonna make my own anyway I already tried to order set from some DIY sound group and that place is a shit show three weeks later and they finally refunded my money because they said they can’t get it out the door.

Comments

• Let me have a look. I think I have a pr in white

hifiside
  • edited May 2023

Will one do or you need a pair? I have two pair, I’d like to keep a pair, but I have a spare pair. The downside is I tried to modify the throat of one (one piece, not one pair) so the spare pair has one good one (might have an extra set of holes on the tweeter flange) and one with a jacked up throat.

So if you need one unit that is perfect. If you need two I’m willing to part with my good pair as I have nothing lined up anyway.

Let me know, price is free either way, maybe someday you will have something I’m looking for.

• I ordered 3 from Diy sound group. I’m in need of 24 of them so I believe I will have to make my own. I will pay for an any you’re willing to part with. I was hoping to measure one as I was building one.

jhollander
  • Pm me your address I’ll give you the pair with the one jacked up one and one good one.

• I thought there would be a lot more Tweeter options to put in to the Seos horn. So far this is the only two options I got so far on hand.

• Making a mold. The plug is finished, I’ll sand it up to 500 grit give it a quick, polish and wax it then put some tooling gel on it.

it![]

(https://diy.midwestaudio.club/uploads/editor/vs/uks11q2cn6zn.jpeg "")

jr@macugly_woofere6zionjhollanderSteve_Leedynamo6thplanet
  • Did you ever see the vacuum formed wave guides that Dave Pellegrene was doing? That would be much faster than fiberglass imo.

dynamo
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    Did you ever see the vacuum formed wave guides that Dave Pellegrene was doing? That would be much faster than fiberglass imo.

Vacuum formed plastics? Can’t say I’ve ever done vacuum forming or have the right tools for it. I’ve been building fiberglass parts for 25 yrs so it all seems easy for me.

• edited May 2023

@hifiside said:
    I thought there would be a lot more Tweeter options to put in to the Seos horn. So far this is the only two options I got so far on hand.

Is the 1st one on the left the Dayton Silkie?
    https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-DC28FT-8-1-1-8-Silk-Dome-Truncated-Tweeter-275-076?quantity=1

The FR sweep looks better than expected in the SEOS-8 . . .

What is the 2nd tweeter? It looks really good on the roll-off . . .

• Aw nice to see the dc28 get some attention. Don't seem hear about it anymore. Better options available for the price possibly?

• Nice mud work fixing up that throat!

I think some of the seas tweeters worked with the seos, like the h1212, and I believe the new version of the Dayton RS work if you remove the mesh screen.

• Those Dayton tweeters (DC28’s) have been on my shelf for years. Those horns need a flat face plate to easily work or I would have to machine a face plate for every tweeter I want to try. The tweeter on the right is a JF tweeter that is currently in the middle of the ocean somewhere and won’t be here for awhile. I’m not a fan of the new RS tweeters none of my measure the same in any way. I need 24 of whatever tweeter I find to work so availability is a plus.

• I'm watching that JF tweeter ^ . . . for use in a waveguide - Do you have a JF Model/Code for it yet?

• The Seas I mounted in the Visaton guide mounted right up - after I over-drilled the faceplate holes a bit. It worked OK.

I imagine it might mount up to the Seos equally well.

hifiside
    I have a signature.
  • Got around to making a temporary test plate for the ceos6 horn. Doing some testing in the IEC baffle.

• Modified DX 20

• Nice! Thank you for sharing!

• This is the 8” guide Nick (ugly woofer) made with the TL n26c tweeter in it.

kenrhodesSteve_Lee6thplanet
  • If you are willing to share the file for the n26 guide, I would REALLY appreciate it.

• Yeah - that thing is stupid-smooth off axis . . .

• @e6zion said:
    If you are willing to share the file for the n26 guide, I would REALLY appreciate it.

It is a custom job by Nick. He can probably sell you a pair, as well.

e6zion
    I have a signature.
  • Have to make some thin mounting plates to try these out.

Silver1omoSteve_Lee