Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off-Side Directivity Control . . .

I keep thinking about reducing left/right wall-side off axis directivity while leaving the center (between the main speakers) with wide dispersion.
This is to remove some/most of the reflections from the listening position in an acoustically very reflective/untreated room.
Placing the equivalent of 1/2 a horn or wave-guide on the wall-side of each driver should provide this control [in my mind].

Any thoughts/experience with this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Start with extreme toe in of existing horn speakers. There’s a Bill Waslo white paper on this

Steve_LeekenrhodesDirk
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited February 7

Duh! So simple even I can do it . . . =)

How about a 4X6 coaxial mounted horizontal instead?

Check out the nifty graphs --> https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/292-752--visaton-dx4x6-4-spec-sheet.pdf

for the polars, is the distance from the center to the perimeter also 1 meter? (that detail is not given).

• edited February 7

This is for nearfield (computer desk) monitoring in a 12x18 room with vaulted ceiling and no absorbing furniture.
    8" sealed sub under desk pointed at front wall . . .