Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Philharmonic BMR HT Tower Review Discussion

Comments

• Hard to believe that they can make a profit selling those for $4500 / pair.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Those Mundorf AMT are the newer smaller model, and are not $500 each. They are currently $223 on sale. Figuring that and the Purifi, you are close to $1100/side w/o the BMRs. Depending on the BMR used, they can be fairly inexpensive. The xover uses mylar caps mainly, and small gauge coils. I bet $150 would cover for both.
    That comes to roughly $1300/speaker, plus cabinets.

That only leaves $1900 for cabinets, R&D, and profit margin.

Steve_Lee
  • I've always thought that Dennis under charges for his speakers.

• I couldn't understand how Dennis could break even with the "Affordable Accuracy Monitors" based on the Dayton BR-1 kits; new crossover parts, labour and they sold for not much more than BR-1 retail.

I was tempted to make a pair with my cabinets, and Dennis was very helpful and kind in helping me; I didn't go ahead but I was struck by what a nice guy he was - like so many in this hobby.

Geoff

rjj45