Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Interesting Drivers

Comments

• Very interesting, so the KA-XBL-8NEO looks like an 8" woofer, neo magnet, XBL. The data on the page for it is misaligned, making it hard to index, but a lot of it is there. I can't tell what the second graph given for the driver is, maybe distortion with excursion? Odd. Looks interesting though!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • where are they based out of and would shipping to US cost an arm or an leg? very difficult to hop on one leg trying to setup clamps with one arm...
  • edited April 2018
    Canada. Looks interesting, pricing is a bit high for my blood.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • The 8" looks comparable to the new Epique thing - plus real Xmax and a little more usable motor parameters while maintaining good sensitivity. All in all, I would imagine tossing a coin to see which is the better $300 8" driver is as good a way to settle it. 

However - how many boutique driver manufacturers have come and gone? I know this guy has been around forever, so there is hope this line sticks around. 

JP - I am reading that second chart as distortion over excursion, as well. 
    I have a signature.
  • Internet find: https://vimeo.com/203774617 Mark Kravchenko assembling tweeters.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • jr@mac said:
    The 8" looks comparable to the new Epique thing - plus real Xmax and a little more usable motor parameters while maintaining good sensitivity. All in all, I would imagine tossing a coin to see which is the better $300 8" driver is as good a way to settle it. 

However - how many boutique driver manufacturers have come and gone? I know this guy has been around forever, so there is hope this line sticks around. 

JP - I am reading that second chart as distortion over excursion, as well. 

That would be correct.  Distortion over excursion it is.
  • ani_101 said:
    where are they based out of and would shipping to US cost an arm or an leg? very difficult to hop on one leg trying to setup clamps with one arm...

U.S. shipping is usually cheaper than Canadian shipping!
  • Well, welcome aboard Mark!
    I have a signature.