Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

What's up? 2019 Summer edition

2»

Comments

• Nice work.  That baffle makes the GBS dome look good.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • It is nice, but with all that's known about edge defraction and such, why the the edges and sorta facets? Why not nice smooth round overs?
  • 6thplanet said:
    It is nice, but with all that's known about edge defraction and such, why the the edges and sorta facets? Why not nice smooth round overs?
    In the end you have to have style meet function right? Or we'd just be doing half sphere for everything.
    kennyk6thplanethifiside
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • How dead is that beautiful baffle?
    R-Carpenter
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    How dead is that beautiful baffle?
    Dead as in acoustically? PLA is much like glass below 60C, so it's dead alright.
    kennykhifiside
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Back from 3 months in Australia  - would really like to finish my Rival 2 way build but it is too nice outside to not be out recreating. Plus the wife and I got new bikes so we have been enjoying the new toys. Guess the speakers will have to wait until the rain starts. This is where I left off back in April......
    JasonPR-Carpenterjhollander6thplanetTurn2S7910rjj45dynamoThumperTomkennyk
  • I’ve been doing a lot of house stuff, camping, and other random summer things.

I finally sat down and did some tweeter resistor adjustments to the 8” two-way (safaris) I brought to MWAF, based on actually having time to listen to them and feedback from the event. I’m impressed with both the M8N and big corundum. Each have good merits and they are coming together better. Wish I had time to get them to their full potential before the event. I think they sound very nice now (imo of course).

• My view for most of the afternoon!
    JasonPPWRRYDrjj456thplanetR-CarpenterkennyksquamishdrochifisideS7910
  • dynamo said:My view for most of the afternoon!
    I can't speak to their sound, but they look amazing!
  • dynamo said:
    Thanks!
    Dude, a small change that would totally step it up: paint the port satin black. That's the only thing that kinda stood out looks wise. Rock on!!
  • That’s a great idea that never even crossed my mind, thanks! I like the size symmetry of the port and tweeter and that would make them match color wise too. 
  • Exactly, it'll bring a bit more cohesion to them. 👍