Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Red Devils (2way Bookshelf Build)

Hi Guys ,
So I finally completed my bookshelf build , i went the passive way this time as I wanted to learn VirtuixCad2 and some awesome people in DIYAUDIO helped me . These are simple 2way Ported bookshelves using modest components that don't break the bank and remains faithful to the spirit of DIY .
Specs are 6inch PP CONE drivers and SOFT dome low FS tweeter crossed low enough to give better off axis response and they are tuned sufficiently low to give pleasurable bass response. These will be placed beside my work computer and listening near field , perfect for a small to mid size room.
This pair reproduces music of all genres with great detail and clarity on a wide sound-stage, and despite the compact design, the system delivers both strong bass and accurate vocals. I felt the tweeters where a bit too sharp , have to pad them down a little , changes will be done after Christmas now I am just enjoying the music to the best.....

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful guys & Gals

Aniket
India
hifisideS7910

Comments

• Uh, drivers? Schematic? Box alignment? Tuning? usually we get more information about a build besides photos and only the FR plot. So- They LOOK nice.
  • Wolf - it looks like this could qualify for the 5 part crossover!
  • Unless the resistors are not in parallel at the other leg, likely.
  • Wolf said:
    Uh, drivers? Schematic? Box alignment? Tuning? usually we get more information about a build besides photos and only the FR plot. So- They LOOK nice.
    Hi Wolf ,
    this is my 1st time posting here didnt know what all to post , actually I am member of DIY LOUDSPEAKER PROJECT PAD . Thats where i got to know about this forum. I am attaching all the data.
    The bookshelves are in a 12.5L box tuned to 55hz in BB4 alignment and the drivers are made by a company in India , IWAI who does a lot of OEM products for other companies.
    I am very new to DIY and have a lot to learn.

ani_101BrannigansLawrjj45WolfTurn2
  • Welcome Aniket. Look for the "Introduce Yourself" thread and post a bit. This is a more close knit group, hence the inquiry into more details rather than just show and tell. You can ask questions, advice as well as criticism for your builds here.

BTW, the graphs look pretty good with the crossover and being low count is a bonus...

Regards
    Ani
    BrannigansLaw
  • Wish my crossovers had a parts count that low. 
  • aniket said:     .
    Hi Wolf ,
    this is my 1st time posting here didnt know what all to post , actually I am member of DIY LOUDSPEAKER PROJECT PAD . Thats where i got to know about this forum. I am attaching all the data.
    The bookshelves are in a 12.5L box tuned to 55hz in BB4 alignment and the drivers are made by a company in India , IWAI who does a lot of OEM products for other companies.
    I am very new to DIY and have a lot to learn.

Welcome aboard! I'm not on FB or the Pad, but I know quite a few regulars who are.
    Is that an 8" woofer?
    Wolf 
  • Hi Wolf ,
    this is a 6,5inch woofer....