Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Cool lil' SB on sale.

In case no one has seen yet. May be old news. Decent mid-bass at its sale price. 4 ohms. 

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-5-woofers/sb-acoustics-sb13pfc25-04-5-4-ohm-paper-cone-woofer/

jr@mac

Comments

• I think these are the drivers Kevin is using for his line array...
  • I think the 8 ohm version was the iron driver last year.  Kenny and Mike can confirm.  

I am using four of its bigger brother the SB16PFC25-8 for bass duty in a TMWW tower.  They produce VERY nice bass if given enough liters.
  • Duh, I missed that Mike started this thread so obviously he knows about the iron driver.
  • PWRRYD said:
    Duh, I missed that Mike started this thread so obviously he knows about the iron driver.
    I thought they were good performers at $20/ea. So $16 seemed like something worth picking up and cheeking...you know... if you are one of those weirdos thay have a cache of drivers that needs adding to ;) 
  • PWRRYD said:
    I think the 8 ohm version was the iron driver last year.  Kenny and Mike can confirm.  

I am using four of its bigger brother the SB16PFC25-8 for bass duty in a TMWW tower.  They produce VERY nice bass if given enough liters.
    Yes it was. :)
  • I'm waiting for the SB coax drivers, it's been like 3 months so far.
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • I'm waiting for the SB coax drivers, it's been like 3 months so far.
    Based on their published specs, I'm concerned about those. Of the three preliminary data sheets, only the 4" does not show massively reduced output on the tweeter above 10k. While we could argue the importance of response in that range, I find that systems with reduced output as low as 12k sound quite 'dead'. Time will tell.

The SB29 larger dome though, and the two new Satori offerings (9.5" woofer and Ber. Tweeter) look like the real deal to me though. I want to check those out.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • ani_101 said:
    I think these are the drivers Kevin is using for his line array...

I'm using the 8-ohm version in the arrays Ani.  Can't testify as to how these would perform in a passive design but I'm very pleased with them after the DSP adjustments for the arrays. 

Received the invite Friday afternoon to join the forum, thanks for having me fellas.  It may take a little while for me to learn the "ins and outs" of this forums software, so bear with me.  Don't see dates on the threads so I have no idea how old this thread is?? 
  • Welcome Kevin. This thread is from October
  • ani_101 said:
    Welcome Kevin. This thread is from October

Oops!  Yea, I figured the date thing out afterwards, thanks.
  • No worries, this forum is still young so no fear of bringing a zombe thread back to life :)

• You got a lot of catching up to do.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.