Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

new 2 way

2»

Comments

• I will have to remeasure. The measurements I have will not line up any better than that. I will use some painters tape to mark where things are so I can assure alignment.
      Thanks.
  • The low frequencies should match too if you didn't touch anything between measurements. I wouldn't ignore it.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • That "getfile" offset does not look very good at all.  As John said, the HF curves need to match closely.  OmniMic HF phase bounces up and down just a little bit as I measure, but I always get a very close match at high frequencies.   I notice your sim has an  offset "m" on both drivers.  You only need to modify one of them. 

I know I am kind of late to this thread, but below is a thread link that you may find useful to zero in on the problem.  

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/1418360-xsim-and-phase-questions  

kenrhodes
  • all new measurements. marked everything and kept it all the same I can't get a better alignment than that.
  • It looks like Xsim applies smoothing to the curves whether you want it or not. That's disappointing.

Anyway, you should be able to get the plots to completely overlap. If positive offset doesn't do it, try negative offset. It will look like this:

• 4thtry said:

That "getfile" offset does not look very good at all.  As John said, the HF curves need to match closely.  OmniMic HF phase bounces up and down just a little bit as I measure, but I always get a very close match at high frequencies.   I notice your sim has an  offset "m" on both drivers.  You only need to modify one of them. 

I know I am kind of late to this thread, but below is a thread link that you may find useful to zero in on the problem.  

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/1418360-xsim-and-phase-questions  

Thanks for the link Bill - good read 👍
  • You can go into the plots settings and dictate no smoothing to your curves.
    4thtry
  • So it does, shows how much I use Xsim lol. By default, it smooths your system responses, but there's not even an option to smooth the overlay response, making comparisons looks a little wonky.

Here we are, same as above with smoothing disabled, this is what we are after.

In any case, if you can't get the response to overlap completely, I'd re-evaluate the process before moving on to the rest of the crossover design. Feel free to post your FRD files here for a second pair of eyes on them.

• Wolf said:
    You can go into the plots settings and dictate no smoothing to your curves.

I use XSim all the time and I missed this too.  Thanks for the tip, Ben!