Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Habitat for Humanity Resale Store

I don't know if any of you gents have these stores near you, but I have one about 2 miles from where I work and right by where I go to grab something for lunch most days.  As a DIY speaker guy there is usually something there interesting.  Today they had a whole cart stacked full of computer work station desktops.  45" wide x 25" deep x 1.25" thick.  They look like very dense high quality 1.25" thick particle board that is laminated.  I grabbed a couple to turn into painted speaker baffles just because they were only $2 each!  Yes, $2 each (and I got another 20% off as a senior discount).  These renegades might just show up at InDIYana as the baffles for my latest bass bins. 
jr@macani_101Silver1omorjj45Gowa4thtry

Comments

• Senior discount? You aren't that old are ya?
  • Maybe you could go to dinner with us?
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Wolf said:
    Senior discount? You aren't that old are ya?
    +1
  • Ive picked up quite a bit at these stores. They aren't super close but there are 4 of them within an hours drive. Ive grabbed lights, hardware, paint, a couple of powered subs, etc etc. Great deals and a great cause!
  • I'm a fan of Restores. Lots of odds and ends that can be used in DIY projects.

Ron
  • The laminate faces can make some nice jigs and fixtures for your wood shop.
    I have a Habitat for Humanity store about 5 minutes from my work. Picked up a number of things there. Good people.
    The construction guys always have leftover and reno material or customer changed their mind items. 
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited February 2020
    I recently picked up about seven 24x30 (approx), 3/4”, laminated pb from the restore. I think they were 50 cents each and far superior quality to the shelving at menards.
  • Wolf said:
    Senior discount? You aren't that old are ya?

+1
  • Sometimes I feel that old LOL.
    At the checkout they have a sign that says "Seniors (50 and older) and Military 20% Discount".  I AM just over 50  :o  
  • Anyway, I was able to cut both baffles out from just one countertop.  So like rjj45 suggested, I can use the other one for all sorts of cool jigs and things.
  • That explains it.   Thanks for the tip.   I found a store about 12 miles away, right off the highway.