Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (10)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Dayton Audio RST28F-4

Is the verdict in? Is this tweeter any good?

Comments

• I have two pairs and I'm having trouble getting enthused about starting a project with it.  One pair is stock with a good impedance curve.   The other pair is from the grab bag "B" stock undergoing the Ben mod.  Both pair are the fabric dome versions.

I have not listened to either pair in a finished speaker yet.   For some reason, when I hold it in my hand and listen to music with a protection cap in series, it just sounds kind of dull when I compare it to many of the other tweeters I have on hand.   It is certainly no match for my two pair of Peerless Corundom dome  units.     

• I have not been able to get the results with the f model (who sent them to me?) anywhere near Ben's results.

A pair of the a's now reside in the new build that is taking forever and a day to get moving on.  While the a sound pretty good on the lower end, I hope the f have a bit more on the top end as these sound a bit dull on top. 

YMMV