Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers

So life offered a change and I took it, very recently I moved to TX and have no speakers. 
Thus the need to aquire a pair of small (ish) bookshelf. 
Before looking at commercial offerings, I wanted to check with you if you had a pair you are willing sell.
Budget is tight atm as other things take priority.

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    You pay for the ride. You have these. They won’t piss the neighbors off by any means but they sound pretty nice.
    ani_101jhollanderjoeybuttsPWRRYDGowaSilver1omosquamishdrocThumperTom

Answers

• I've been thinking about selling off my HT setup and going pro audio based, but I think the price may be out of reach.  I have a pair of MarkK RS225/28As I may part with but probably too large and out of budget.  Or if you want the whole 5.0 :D :D :D

I have a pair of somewhat smaller than the MarkKs and crazy colorful 2-ways using Faital 6fe100 and I forget the tweeter, need to look.  

Or I have even smaller and cheaper, GRS piezo and Dayton PA130.

Or I have a LithMTM soundbar built for wall mount, ports out the bottom.

I may part with my Speedsters.....

Can you tell I got the build bug?  :p

PM me if any of these interest you, if not, no biggy. B)

Oh, I live in Hampton VA, 23666 for an idea on shipping.......

• What's your budget - what type of music - do you have or plan on a sub - what size room?

Are you inclined to building a kit? I think these are an amazing deal - Craig did a superb job with the voicing and they go surprisingly low for such a small speaker - https://meniscusaudio.com/product/keramiskas-speaker-kit/

• Yes- the Keramiskas are seamless.
  • One more vote for the Keramiskas. Craig hit a home run with them. They sound great!

Jim
    jr@mac
  • Usually I would build something, but ATM I have 0 tools and need to get a lot of things before tools are even considered in budget.
    Let's look at that kit. 
    jr@mac
  • edited March 2020
      Tom_S said:
    What's your budget - what type of music - do you have or plan on a sub - what size room?

Are you inclined to building a kit? I think these are an amazing deal - Craig did a superb job with the voicing and they go surprisingly low for such a small speaker - https://meniscusaudio.com/product/keramiskas-speaker-kit/

Looks like I butchered the photoshop nametag on Craig's speakers quite badly.  Sorry about that, Craig.  :/

Nice looking baffle and good sound, though.

jr@mac
  • That kit might be a problem then. It's not a full kit - just the drivers, crossovers and associated parts. There might be someone here who could build you a pair of cabinets or just cut you some flat-pack type boxes. Where are you located? 
    jr@mac
  • Allen Texas. But it seems I'll need to wait a bit. 
    This covid-19 stuff might trow a wrench if travel from-to Mexico gets added to the ban. I still need to get the wife and kid here.
  • edited March 2020
    4thtry said:

Looks like I butchered the photoshop nametag on Craig's speakers quite badly.  Sorry about that, Craig.  :/

Great backdrop though.  :)

Ron

4thtryjr@mac
  • There's a deal.
    PWRRYDjr@mac
  • hifiside said:
    You pay for the ride. You have these. They won’t piss the neighbors off by any means but they sound pretty nice.
    I'm in. 
    PWRRYDjr@mac
  • hifiside said:
    Great. Message me your address. They’ll ship out in the middle of the week. 
    brek81Silver1omojr@mac
  • Brad's stuff is always gorgeous - nicer than many commercial products. I would also bet these sound great too! 
    jr@mac
  •   I love seeing how well this community takes care of its own. Keep it up!
    jr@macSilver1omoGowaJasonP