Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Buyout budget build

A few of us on The project pad on Facebook figure we would make some budget builds using the 4x6 plastic subwoofers PE had on buyout. This is my project so far. I’m using 8-4x6’s per cabinet in a compound isobaric formation ( $4.00 a pc.). These driver ain’t great in sensitivity or power handling ( I did some test boxes and found that out real quick) and yes I know comp-iso is not the way to go for low sensitive drivers but it’s what I really wanted to do. If the models are right it should be 84-85db. The Mid/woofers are buyouts also ( $5.00 each) 16ohm. Tweeter is a peerless DX20bf my go to tweeter when keeping the cost low. The only thing I’m not budgeting on here is the wood and material. At this time in all of our lives we just can’t go budget shopping like we use to. I am using mostly all scrap wood that has been piling up here. I didn’t want a square box so this is what it is so far.!

Comments

• kenrhodesbrek81jhollanderdynamoGowaSilver1omoRon_E6thplanetani_101tajanesand 3 others.
  • edited March 2020
    Those cabs and baffles are sweet looking!

Im jealous of your clamp collection btw!
    hifisidetajanes
  • I'm jealous of your cnc skills ... hell, I'm just jealous.   
    hifisidetajanes
  • Looking good Brad - how much internal air space is it going to be?
  • dynamo said:
    Those cabs and baffles are sweet looking!

Im jealous of your clamp collection btw!
    Thanks. At one time my wife told me my clamp buying was getting out of hand. What’s pictured is a 1/4 of what I own.
    jr@mac
  • Kornbread said:
    I'm jealous of your cnc skills ... hell, I'm just jealous.   
    I made the mid baffles about a year ago for a different project and never used them. I never got around to 3D cutting them I figured I would just body fillers them because the lines aren’t the best
  • Looking good Brad - how much internal air space is it going to be?
    Should be 2cu.ft. Per cabinet @35hz, F3 29hz
    squamishdroc
  • Cool!  Anxious to see where this goes.  Are the 4x6 woofers going to be hidden from sight? 

• Neis said:
    Cool!  Anxious to see where this goes.  Are the 4x6 woofers going to be hidden from sight? 

Yes. That’s the plan so far.
  • Good. Those buyout woofers have a face for radio.
    hifisidebrek81Turn2ThumperTomS7910dynamo
  • Sunday I skinned the skeleton. I made a midrange enclosure with access so I can mount the tweeter from the back.
    dynamojoeybutts6thplanetGowaS7910squamishdrocRon_ESteve_Leejhollander
  • Anything happen with this?

• They’re sitting in one of my rooms of shame. Got side tracked and there they (squirrel) are.

PWRRYD