Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

The land of unfinished projects

I have several projects that are in various states, that need completion.  I have the "Calvary" which is a woofer section to compliment my Napoleon's build from several years ago, the Time Keepers, the Alu-Minimum's, my version of Chris P's tablet cinema, and of coarse the pointy speakers, and minion build "Stuart and Carls".  
What do you guys have laying around unfinished?
hifisidejoeybuttssquamishdroc

Comments

• Tandems- still about half done.
    Bluetooth box- basically constructed. Needs paint, xovers, and installation.
    EMP- boxes not all done, xovers half done.
    Magusta- one tentative xover done.
    Passive xover of doom- all coils wound, need connections made. Case not started.
    Glucinium Amor- boxes still unfinished with xovers sitting atop of them. Can't bare to take them apart.
    Overdrive10 sub- still naked MDF and no spikes installed.
    Demeanor- one xover assembled.
    Seligo- tentative xovers assembled about 90%.

Likely more if I think on it...
  • HOLY CRAP!
  • Question Nick: what's going on in that first picture (Calvary)?  It looks like the baffle is about 5 layers thick (which I'm sure it's not).
  • Craig the baffles are 5 layers thick.
  • Just kidding it's an isobaric tunnel.
  • edited March 2020
    Wolf said:
    You okay, Leon?
    That's a lot of projects with cool enclosures. Have you done anything with those Rival carbon drivers?

brek81
  • I don't have carbon Rival woofers, I have coated Kevlar that look like those with the aluminum dustcaps.
  • I've got several currently needing finished, and several more that are strictly in theoretical land right now. 

Leon, I believe I landed quite a few of the CF drivers you sold. Several of the things I'll be building this year, knee permitting, involve those. 

In process are reworking Maggie's with a new mid-range driver, finishing the cheap DCM refit project. 
    I have a signature.
  • This is my 2020 Indy and MWAF entry.  Still unfinished.  I've got a Sapale sub for the family room that's still in pieces from the move last fall

kenrhodeshifisidesquamishdroc
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails

• Pretty piece of maple John.
  • I still have 2 more Peerless NLA systems to finish.

Ron
    Gowajr@macjhollandersquamishdrocS7910
  • Another hybrid OB project:

And I never really finished this design.  I actually stole several parts from their prototype crossovers:

jhollanderhifisidesquamishdrocRon_ETurn2S7910dynamo
  • I'm finally getting these done.
    I took up a friendly challenge from @Tom_S to use better drivers than I normally do, and the results so far have surprised me. All I have left is finishing the cabinets and placing a parts order for the XO.

Then this box of drivers can get turned into an MTMWW three way after sitting on the drawing board for five years.

There are others I'm probably forgetting, but these should keep me busy for a while.

• edited April 2020
    Does a mountain of drivers count as an unfinished project? Asking for a friend...
    I have a signature.
  •  jr@mac said:
    Does a mountain of drivers count as an unfinished project? Asking for a friend...

how about a small hill (or maybe a molehill)? asking for a friend of a friends'
  • I have one finished and a couple unfinished projects to report.  My main social distancing project has been to build a new audio rack for the speaker demo room/guest bedroom/home office.  I used some 8020 t slot rails, half a 5'x5' sheet of 3/4" baltic birch, and some smaller pieces of 1/2" baltic birch for shelves.  

Some of you will remember the 3 ways with the 3" Tang Band dome mid from Chicago about 9 or 10 years ago.  They are still in MDF and have the crossovers sitting on top.... This is an unfinished projects topic after all. 

The little guys are NS3's with ND16's - sort of a cheaper Helium.  They need a little larger cabinets, but have some potential.  They will be called the Neon's if they can earn a name.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • I’ve got a couple..

6thplanet
  • ScottS said:
    I have one finished and a couple unfinished projects to report.  My main social distancing project has been to build a new audio rack for the speaker demo room/guest bedroom/home office.  I used some 8020 t slot rails, half a 5'x5' sheet of 3/4" baltic birch, and some smaller pieces of 1/2" baltic birch for shelves.  

Some of you will remember the 3 ways with the 3" Tang Band dome mid from Chicago about 9 or 10 years ago.  They are still in MDF and have the crossovers sitting on top.... This is an unfinished projects topic after all. 

The little guys are NS3's with ND16's - sort of a cheaper Helium.  They need a little larger cabinets, but have some potential.  They will be called the Neon's if they can earn a name.

My wife says I have too many speakers when there are 2 sets by the TV - I need to show her this picture! 😁😁
  • I think I have Scott beat...
    squamishdroc
  • Wolf said:
    I think I have Scott beat...
    You very well might, but this is less than half of the collection of functional speakers - and there is always the land of drivers waiting for their turn.  My switch box can handle 6 pairs, so I try to keep it mostly utilized...
    squamishdroc

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • You make a switch box, or buy one?
  • I was thinking about making one, then ran across a second hand Aton DLA6 that is able to do limited volume control without killing the sound quality.  

Sehlin Sound Solutions