Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Interest in older RS drivers?

I'm really eager to build new speakers for HT but what would need to sell of my Khanspires, Dayton center and MarkK RS225/28A's.  I know the cabs are a tough sell but wasn't sure if people still had interest in those drivers.  I'm looking to go DIYSG HT speakers or maybe use my 830869s with Dynamo's design.

Comments

• I'm sure the RS28A's will sell.  The old RS woofers are probably of the most interest to people who need replacements for older designs like the Khan's or original Statements.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Anybody want some RS28A's? I have some.....
  • I was figuring it would be minimal but know that selling the speakers in entirety is unlikely as well.....
    Damn.  Rock and hard place.
  • The RS28A's are the tweeters for the original Bagby Continuum's right?  I might have some interest.  

Having just built several pairs of speakers I'd be on the lookout for any cab's or flat packs that vaguely meet continuum requirements (give or take .25 cubic feet and with a baffle width of 8".
  • I'd bet the rs28 sell fast, maybe even fetch a premium.  You guys have a price in mind?      
  • That's where I'm stuck as I don't want to be sitting on drivers and halfbuilt speakers trying to sell stuff.  😕  
    Wolf will let you know im sure.  I unfortunately need to be prepared to unload most of the speakerS.
  • You have too many speak3rs???
    rjj45
  • 🤣🤣🤣🤣  want to sell off ful ht, build more cinema oriented and no where to put current ht.  So I have eight rs225s, eight rs150s, five rs28a.  And some sick enclosures. 😏
  • For those interested, I have 9 of them, and sell for $60/each, plus shipping. That is the original price, and yes- the original Continuum tweeters.
  • Sick as in good sick, or sick as in bad sick?
  • amazing.  ill link the build threads.
    rjj45
  • So did you ever finish them?
  • No. :( 

Never hook them up before finishing, especially if hidden.......
  • That's a nice theater...
     more info / pics?
  • edited April 2020
    Can i ask why do you want to sell them? They are supposed to be great speakers.... any particular short comings? If you just have a build-a-bug, stereo speakers need 2 cabs, vs 16 for a home theater (or a minimum of 5)
  • edited April 2020
    Sick as in pretty fn' sweet. 
    "You no paint speakers, Joey?"  Lot-o-work went into those builds, especially the khanspires.  "What am I going to do after these are done?"  And now you know.  Cannot imagine wanting to get rid of those.  They would be near the top of a lot of people's list.  Man, me shaking head, I'd have to find a place for em'.  Maybe build a shop or rent a shed ...  Oops, looks like you already have a shed.  Gotta a favorite uncle?           
  • edited April 2020
    Thanks Ani.  Roughly 17x14, BenQ W1070 projector on 110" white over silver spandex screen, Khanspire L/R, Dayton RS Center with CJD Xover all on a QSC CX404, MarkK surrounds on Denon 4000X, two 18' sealed Elemental Designs 19Ov.2 in 2.25 cubes and four 13" sealed Elemental Designs 13Av.2, one group on a QSC CX902 and other group on a QSC CX1202V.  I forget what is on what.  Some soundproofing, some acoustic treatment, some room darkening.  If there are questions, lmk.

Reasons to sell are four fold;

1. Efficiency.  Would love to be able to run channels off of a powerful updated receiver, like a MArantz SR7013 or something similar.

2. A more "technical" or "detailed" sound.  In all honesty, there are zero shortcomings with this setup and they do not lack in almost any department as far as sound is concerned.  Tons of headroom, plenty of impact (even without substage running), face melting spl, great soundstage even at my short distance of I believe 9feet.  But I think I actually want a more "clinical" sound of compression drivers or pro-audio drivers, cause every time (which is few) I go to a cinema and hear the sound, I wish mine was a little more in that regard.  If these don't sell I'll still be incredibly content, it's an amazing experience, just want to refine.

3. I need to redo my screen as my screen build engineering is now showing through, so need to rebuild it so engineering doesn't show through, and since need to rebuild will go to 120" and will put speakers in position behind the screen for a more detailed sound.  No one notices when they come in and listen except for me, but would love for the sound to be more technical in position, so will go with a AT screen and pull it out a foot or two.

4. Itch to build. :) :)

I also want to move the sealed 13Av.2's under the screen and put the 19Ov.2's in horn's in the corners for efficiency and more impact.  

Substage builds-
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/51358-joeybutts-ht-substage-build

• Haven't had much experience with horn speakers.... but they are supposed to be good for home theater with the wide dispersion... and music too, wider sweet spot
  • Kornbread said:
    Sick as in pretty fn' sweet. 
    "You no paint speakers, Joey?"  Lot-o-work went into those builds, especially the khanspires.  "What am I going to do after these are done?"  And now you know.  Cannot imagine wanting to get rid of those.  They would be near the top of a lot of people's list.  Man, me shaking head, I'd have to find a place for em'.  Maybe build a shop or rent a shed ...  Oops, looks like you already have a shed.  Gotta a favorite uncle?           
    Thanks bruh.  I know, I know hahhaha, if I was single they would be lined up some where.  Even in gifting them a lot of people won't/don't have the room for them.  If I had a basement they'd be there.  Garage COULD house them....maybe donate them to my station but my captain is a minimalist.....