Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Woo Hoo! Space X launch successful!

Not the greatest TV coverage but what a big deal!  
Silver1omoS7910Gowa

Comments

• Yup just watched it, pretty neat.
  • Or of these days I need to be there.... But for now YouTube live had to suffice...!  
  •  Dang it, I was outside working on a stump and totally missed it. 
  • Spoiler alert, it worked!
  • I'll have to youtube it later.  There is a really neat binaural youtube video of the Falcon Heavy launch and landing.  Put the headphones on and give it a go see.  As an aside, we were watching the Challenger launch live in our HS science class when it malfunctioned.  Jaw drop moment.  

• I watched every shuttle launch.  Every great one and unfortunately the one bad one :'(

I missed the second tragedy as I was traveling for work that sad day  :'(

I was alive but too young to remember the Apollo missions. 
  • edited May 2020
    It was a short landsat mission day, today for L7 and L8 . I was done by 1PM central . Gave me time to spin up the live feed, nice to see they made it up this time ! The space suits still trip me out , they remind me of something you'd see in the movies. 
  • PWRRYD said:
    I was alive but too young to remember the Apollo missions. 
    I remember looking up at the moon during one of the Apollo missions and saying "I can't believe there are men up there! " Hopefully I'll still be around to say that again!   =)
    ani_101PWRRYDS7910
  • PWRRYD said:
    Not the greatest TV coverage but what a big deal!  
    I thought the NASA Channel coverage was pretty good. But even they had a very brief blip and missed the first stage booster sticking its landing on the drone barge. Therefore the entire event must have been faked. ;)

• LOL! That's exactly what I thought. I really wanted to see that.