Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Looking for small tweeter

2»

Comments

• ani_101 said:
    ScottS said:
    I like the Dayton ND16 better than the ND20 (used the 16 in the Heliums).  Only issue is that the ideal hole cutout isn't a standard size (1.27 inches if I recall correctly).  It needs a lot of encouragement to go into a 1.25" hole.
    There are two of them, is the faceplate the only difference - both looks to be press to fit from the front. I can get to 1.27" in the cnc.

Is the dome recessed enough inside the faceplate - cannot make out from the images.  The dome is recessed fully
    I used the smaller ND16FA-6. The dome is fully recessed.  I put a wood block completely over the front when I pressed it in with a clamp - didn't touch the dome.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Wolf said:
    ani_101 said:
    Shawn_K said:
    I machined off the front horn section on the ND20 tweeter in my lathe so I could mount it in a wave guide and it sounds very nice. I used it in a small two-way with a RS100P-4. 2nd order XO at 2.6 kHz.
    This isn't the one you used in the coax?
    I don't recall seeing Shawn build a coax with the RS100. Are you thinking of Nick's fiberglassed 'Stink-Eyes' with the RS125 or RS150?
    Must have got it mixed up....
  • NeoCD 1.0, got a pair of them or two. Will add it to the list, but yes, it is a bit big for the application. Looking like I'll need to make a few test baffles.
  • I used the ND16s in my Old Skool coaxial, crossed over a little over 4k.  They sound nice and add a bit of openness to the high end.  They probably have pretty excellent dispersion also. 
    kenrhodes
  • jholtz said:
    rjj45 said:

I will second the NeoCD1.0 - I never really liked it in the mini-statements, but I tore that one down and reused the NeoCD1.0 with a new crossover in a new design and love it.

We never used the NeoCD1.0 in any design. The Mini had the Neo CD3.0 as used in the Statements.

Jim

Thanks Jim - for some reason, I can never keep that straight.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I'll  throw one more into the mix, peerless xt25sc90, nice little tweeter on the cheap.
    ani_101
  • Sell you my amt mini 8s if you want to try em....30 shipped
  • joeybutts said:
    Sell you my amt mini 8s if you want to try em....30 shipped

Sorry Joey, have two pairs on hand and never used them. Got them when the AMT's were released...
    joeybutts
  • edited June 2020
    rjj45 said:
    jholtz said:

We never used the NeoCD1.0 in any design. The Mini had the Neo CD3.0 as used in the Statements.

Jim

Thanks Jim - for some reason, I can never keep that straight.
    No worries, I just thought I'd clarify. The NeoCD3.0's distortion profile fit our needs where the smaller ribbons didn't. Too high of crossover required.

Jim