Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Verifying limp jig

Built a lim jig, any tips on verifying beyond mesuring resistors and inductors?  

Comments

• where do i get precision resistors for the jig?
  • I just used a 1 or 2% dayton fireproof and meaured it with the dmm.  i would post a photo, but havent figured ir out phone wisw
  • dmm? what is that?
  • Digital Multi Meter
  • ani_101 said:
    where do i get precision resistors for the jig?
    Buying a few dollars of electronic components and paying ~$7 shipping kinda sucks, but get 1% or 1/2% tolerance metal film 1/4 or 1/2 watt resistors from Mouser or Digikey or Allied Electronics.  If you know some future projects already you can order some of their parts at the same time (power switches, IEC power jacks, etc.) and not feel so bad about the shipping.
  • Not sure you need to do any other verification besides measuring resistors/inductors. You probably did this but I'll mention it anyway - I'd also make sure to measure the leads closed up (empty loop) and get the read on their resistance. LIMP allows you to enter that as an offset for all measurements in calibration.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Did that, and got me closer to listed specs.

Its kindof cool :P 
  • Empty loop?  Do you mean "open loop"?
  • I don't know.................limp jig?
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    I don't know.................limp jig?
    LIMP is a module of ARTA:
    http://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/142/verifying-limp-jig#latest
    You can use a cheap jig to measure impedance and T/S.
    http://www.artalabs.hr/AppNotes/LIMP_Tutorial_Version_2_4_English.pdf

It actually is very accurate once you calibrate it.

• I was being..........off color?
    Face
    ............. could you hum a few bars.