Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Throwback Thursday

2»

Comments

• @Mitchell_Cote said:
    Found this for the Tzu-Jans. Click on the media tab and there is a picture of the speaker and a picture of the crossover.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/member/2614-maynardg

Oh yeah. Maynard had some good designs and that was certainly a nice one.

• I heard Maynard's Continuum MLTLs at my very first DIY event (Iowa) and was really impressed by them.

• That design was very nice too. The looks dept also held them high.

• @Ed_Perkins said:
    I heard Maynard's Continuum MLTLs at my very first DIY event (Iowa) and was really impressed by them.

+1
    They were great!

• Not to take anything away from anyone but I thought everything sounded good at the Harris center. I reached that opinion when Ed(?) brought some stock Andrew Jones Pioneer speakers that sounded surprising good.

Then there was the Harry Potter room where I thought everything sounded like crap.

Ankeny sounded neutral, but you could drive speakers to some ear splitting levels.

ScottSJasonP
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Gold Star to whoever coined Harry Potter for that room. Its spot on.

• @Nicholas_23 said:
    Gold Star to whoever coined Harry Potter for that room. Its spot on.

Yes it is.

jhollander
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • I am so excited about 2021.

PWRRYDJasonP
    I have a signature.
  • @jhollander said:
    Not to take anything away from anyone but I thought everything sounded good at the Harris center.

I don't know about that. I heard a few stinker there.

• I don't remember many, other than some famous Lowell failures that seemed to occur every year. I felt bad for him. I wanted to offer to solder his x-os for him, but didn't want to offend him.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I remember that some of the larger speakers suffered from "bass boom" that didn't occur in normal sized rooms. Of course that's from questionable memory.

JasonP