Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Phase question again......

edited November 2020 in DIY

I am working on a build using a RS100P with a ND25 tweeter. I am just at the crossover stage and have got a fairly decent response with a crossover point of 3200hz. The phase of the speakers is just nowhere near the crossover point - it should line up pretty close to the crossover point right? Currently I have a 12db electrical slope on the woofer and 18 on the tweeter. Measurements were taken with Omnimic in my living room where I always to my measuring. The one thing I did notice when taking my sweeps was the db levels were really high in Omnimic for relatively normal listening volumes. Maybe something changed in some Windows settings?

4thtry

Comments

• Phase difference between the drivers looks like about 20 degrees off at the crossover point. Not perfect, but not the worst. It basically tells you that the peak of the polar lobe is not on-axis with the tweeter. Play around with the off-axis simulation buttons to get an idea of the impact that has.
    '
    Make sure to enter piston diameter values..

4thtry
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • If the mic is half the distance between you and the speaker it would be twice as loud at the mic. You can add another cap on the tweeter or small inductor on the woofer to move the phase.

4thtry
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I see a light troughing at the xover, and bring the woofer higher or the tweeter lower will move the phase in the right direction.

4thtry
  • edited November 2020

Most notably, the dip in the response from 7-9kHz is an indication that the woofer slope may be too shallow.

4thtry
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Thanks for the comments guys - will work on the crossover and report back :) @dcibel I put a bypass cap on the woofer inductor and it brought that dip right up - also changing the slope to 18db worked as well👍

dcibel4thtry