Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Music for Matt (Matt Bunn)

On Fri night as he was leaving work, Matt was involved in a head on collision that took his life. Matt was an integral part of the InDIYana event providing gear and musical tracks. He shared more than a few beers with many of us and was always just a fun guy. 

I am glad that I spent time with him last weekend at the CKY-DIY and we got to hang out, joke, and just enjoy music for its own sake. He will be missed by many. My son is taking this hard as they had become good friends over the last few years.

Please keep Matt and his family in your thoughts and prayers. And Ben and his family as well as they were closer than brothers.

Comments

• He was one of us. RIP, Matt. 
    I have a signature.
  • Its always a snap to reality when shut like this happens. RIP :(
  • RIP, Matt.
  • My prayers are for Matt's family and friends of course, but right now, most importantly, I pray for the woman he injured.  I pray she has a full recovery.
  • Very sorry to hear. My thought and prayers go out to everyone around....
  • Shocking and terrible news.  My thoughts and prayers will also go out to Matt's family and friends.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • A sad day, and many hearts broken. Matt will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Too short a life. My sincere condolences to all who knew Matt.
  • Very sad to hear. I didn't know Matt very well, only talked to him briefly at the various shows. He really liked the Christmas choral music demo that I brought to InDIYana and asked me for a copy. He also enjoyed going over the technical details of the recording process, which we discussed a bit at MWAF. Will miss talking to him again and seeing him run the playlists up front at InDIYana.  
  • Thank you to MAC, Meniscus, and Rory for the flowers for Matt. His mom asked that I thank you all for your thoughts. 
    kennyk
  • For those that dont or arent frequenting the other place, Ben has posted a nice thank you from Matts mom. She is a real sweetheart. 

I haven't heard anything else about the other driver other than that she was still in ICU as of Wed. Her family also sent flowers. 

Its still very surreal for me at this point. I would feel the same losing any of you. 

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/1307122-rip-musicformatt/page2
  • Sorry I'm so late posting but I didn't think that I knew Matt until Ben jogged my memory that we'd crossed paths.

My sincere sympathy for Matt's family and loved ones. It's always tough and the holidays make it worse.

Jim
  • Defiantly tragic news when it happened, RIP to one of our own. He'll defiantly be missed at the gatherings!