Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Driver wishlist...

2»

Comments

• Ah ok, got it Ben!

I am very tempted to pull the trigger and try that B 100 out... Very good voltage sensitivity for its size, easy to work with looking FR, low Mms, good off axis response, etc. Not that I'm stuck on any particular materials, but I have really liked the paper cone, rubber surround drivers I've heard for mids.

Has anyone heard or worked with this driver?

• "speech" shouldve been "speakers"

• Oh Nick! B)

• PWRRYD
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I said it's been 25 years....
    I did not know the word 'sprachig'.

6thplanet
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Ah ok, got it Ben!

I am very tempted to pull the trigger and try that B 100 out... Very good voltage sensitivity for its size, easy to work with looking FR, low Mms, good off axis response, etc. Not that I'm stuck on any particular materials, but I have really liked the paper cone, rubber surround drivers I've heard for mids.

Has anyone heard or worked with this driver?

B100 is said to be very good, been around for ages and quite popular in Europe or so I'm told. 6 ohm impedance is a good compromise for midrange use. Bit of a price tag but in line with Scan 10F.

• https://purifi-audio.com/ptt6-5m04-nfa-01/

A 5" version is in the works as well as 8" woofers.

• edited August 2021

@dcibel said:
    Bit of a price tag but in line with Scan 10F.

You must have very different pricing available in Canada. Here in the USA I can get the Visaton B 100 from Parts Express for $80. Best price I can find for the Scan 10F is from Madisound at $114.

• edited August 2021

Solen prices.
    CAD $129 10F/8424
    CAD $95 10F/8414
    CAD $122 B100

in the US, B100 and 10F/8414 are the same price.

• Hi ,my name is George. I think ,that Big Fellow above heard Jr@mac wish and send us his perfect driver. It is a new beautiful Faital 5PR160 5", 92db efficiency (measured),1.5" VC , big neodymium motor ,bottomless power.This driver is a smaller brother of Faital 6RS140 which Troels Gravesen praised very highly and used it in his high efficiency Faital-3-Way Classic. This is his words ( quoted with his permission ): " this 6" Faital 6Rs140 surprises me, it surprises me a lot! Given its 93 dB sensitivity and smooth frequency response it has a dramatic impact on the final performance of this speaker. Good bass drivers we can get from a lot of manufacturers, although the 12" range is limited for domestic use due to high Fs, but from 15" and 18" drivers there are multiple choices. And really good tweeters are in abundance these days. The 6RS140 has excellent dispersion, which creates a strong presence, yet smooth on the ear due to low distortion. Should you fancy percussion, look no further, this speaker has it. Rimshots are a delight, fast as lightning and with that ultra short decay only high-efficiency speakers can manage." -end of quote . I used 6RS140 and 5PR160 and love them both.In my latest design I used 5PR160 in Dappolito configuration with new Radian LT3 planar (improved BG Neo3) and pair of Satori WO24P 9.5" woofers.Speakers sounds fantastic. I'm dealer for Faital and Radian, but I also got 1pair of trained ears which I'm using from time to time.