Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Layla 50th Anniversary Tribute

Discovered this yesterday, an in-concert version of the famous Derek and the Dominos album by the Tedeschi Trucks Band.

I think it's marvelous!

Tagged:
dcibelTurn2Billet

Comments

• I really enjoyed seeing them live a few years back.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I also just discovered this yesterday. I've only had a chance to sample a couple songs, but it will likely join my library. TTB is great live and I wore out that vinyl back in the day.

• I didn't think much of the band until I saw them do Whipping post...

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • That gal has some pipes, and can play a guitar too. Derick has that slide thingy going on.

• @PWRRYD said:
    Derick has that slide thingy going on.

Derek played with the Allman Brothers Band for a while; he's also played with Eric Clapton and other greats, there are YouTube clips which are well worth a listen/optic. I originally discovered the TTB while surfing and seeing Susan do Highway 61 with Dylan at a live show.

Why do I spend so much time looking up stuff on YouTube? Because in Melbourne we're on our sixth lock-down and there's not much to do apart from listen to music and do odd jobs around the house....

Geoff

• edited August 2021

I saw a video of Derek playing with the Allman Brothers when he was only about 12 (maybe slightly older). He was rockin that same Gibson SG with a slide and finger picking. Totally awesome!!!

• @PWRRYD said:
    I saw a video of Derek playing with the Allman Brothers when he was only about 12 (maybe slightly older).

I'm puzzled as to how he played so well at such a young age, as he didn't have his long ponytail then: that seems to be the secret to his success?!