Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Driver testing stand

2»

Comments

• @jhollander said:
    Bill can you post the data instead of a picture? I'll calculate the accuracy.

Here you go, John. The zipped up file contains the two spreadsheets that I created using Open Office Calc (ver 4). File extension is .ods

• @dcibel said:
    100% of the repeatability problems I had when I owned a WT3 was with the shitty alligator clips. It’s otherwise just a cheap USB audio codec with a sense resistor built in.

I also have the WT3, sitting unused in a box somewhere. I stopped using it a few years ago because it kept giving me garbage screens. Plugging, re-plugging, re-booting, etc. It took me forever to run an impedance curve. Bought the DATS V2 in frustration and have not had any problems since. Much better alligator clips.

• Same experience as Bill - the WT2 was extremely unreliable and drove me crazy, but the DATS V2 has been rock solid. I'll use the DATS V2 until it gives up the ghost (or until I do :o ).

4thtrySteve_Lee
  • No, the WT2 is a gem! I still use it; Smith/Larson product. The WT3 was the one with reliability issues.

• Avg % Accuracy floor 0.64%
    Avg % Accuracy hand 1.41%
    Avg % Accuracy Vise 0.23%

4thtrySteve_Leekenrhodes6thplanet
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Whoa, Nelly!! Vise technique for the win!! :p

Thanks, John!

PWRRYD