Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

RIVAL DRIVERS FOR SALE - NEW

Two pairs of pulp/carbon 7'' $120 pair
One pair of pulp/Kevlar 8-3/4'' - $130 pair

Comments

• edited March 2022

8-3/4'' R223-PKE-08

R176-PRCB-08

6thplanet
  • R176-PCRC-08

• Skeet skeet!

dcibel
  • (8-3/4'') R223-PKE-08 = $100 for the pair
    (7'') R176-PRCB-08 = $100 for the pair
    (7'') R176-PCRC-08 = $100 for the pair

• R176-PCRC-08 SOLD

• I can't find specs on any of these drivers but I am drawn to the pair of R223-PKE-08's like flies to a carcass as usual and I DON'T NEED more drivers . . .
    Can someone help me?

=)

• @Steve_Lee said:
    I can't find specs on any of these drivers but I am drawn to the pair of R223-PKE-08's like flies to a carcass as usual and I DON'T NEED more drivers . . .
    Can someone help me?

=)

There is no help for addicts like us! I still have about 10 of the Rival R176 drivers, and I will move them across the country for future builds. Agree about those R223s - they would make a killer small 3 way.

Steve_Lee
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Best wishes in your move and future, Sir!

Someone point me at the specs if you can? - all I have found so far is Chinese writing links and this one with and unbelievably flat impedance curve but the part numbers are off by the letter "E"

https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/1164/r223-pk-08

Are they the SAME drivers?

• R176-PRCB-08 SOLD

• edited March 2022

R223-PKE-08
    Re = 6.70 Ohms
    Sd = 213cm²
    fs = 34 Hz
    Vas = 38.00 liters
    SPL = 87 dB SPL 1W/1m
    Qts = 0.401
    Qes = 0.420
    Qms = 8.487
    Cms = 0.721 mm/N
    Le = 0.1651 mH (10kHz)
    BL = 10.26

I have no Idea if this is working properly.

3'' Port

• Nice.

Check your PM's, Gowa . . .

• R223-PKE-08
    8-3/4'' still available

Re = 6.70 Ohms
    Sd = 213cm²
    fs = 34 Hz
    Vas = 38.00 liters
    SPL = 87 dB SPL 1W/1m
    Qts = 0.401
    Qes = 0.420
    Qms = 8.487
    Cms = 0.721 mm/N
    Le = 0.1651 mH (10kHz)
    BL = 10.26

• Is that price shipped?

• @6thplanet said:
    Is that price shipped?

Nope

• I'm sorry to resurrect this old thread - just checking if the 8s are sold...?

• All Rivals are sold.
    Rival changed ownership and will no longer be offering their drivers to the public.

• @Gowa said:
    All Rivals are sold.
    Rival changed ownership and will no longer be offering their drivers to the public.

Sounds like everyone else in the business

• There was such a crazy buzz about these Rival drivers and Gowa offered them to all of us here at such great pricing. I'm sure more people than just me bought a pair or two or even more. Then sadly only one or two projects were published using these Rival drivers (Ben's Fir....something or other). I'm sure there are a bunch of Rival drivers sitting on some people's shelves just collecting dust.

I used a pair of the kevlar woven ones in my hybrid OB project that I entered in the InDIYana 20/20 theme contest. I thought they were fantastic drivers!

Fast forward a few more years... I finally blew the dust off my quad of R175-CP-08. They are currently in the design process of a medium/large stand mount MTM project. They might just be done in time for Indy.

• Weak, bummed I never got a set of the carbon fiber 8's.

• I still have 6 Rival drivers on the shelf slated for a L/C/R HT project, maybe this year... I've used everything else I bought from Gowa in the past so I'm doing pretty good on using the impulse purchases :)

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I figured

• I have another pair yet to use, but I only had total of 4.

• I’ve still got couple of pairs of Rivals in boxes waiting on my slow ass. Built a tower MLTL MTM with the paper R176s and Wavecor tweeters. Sounded fricking awesome.

Steve_Lee
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I'm sitting on quite a few Rivals. Mostly the 6.5s and a pr of 8s. Designed 4 different kis for Rythm as well.

rjj45
  • My last pair of 6.5" should make an appearance in Iowa this fall. Then that'll just about close this chapter of 'really good drivers no longer available to the creative community that promotes them'. What a shame.

• Good sources come and go. As long as we have the creative community, we'll figure something out.

MartyH
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • @rjj45 said:
    I’ve still got couple of pairs of Rivals in boxes waiting on my slow ass. Built a tower MLTL MTM with the paper R176s and Wavecor tweeters. Sounded fricking awesome.

Which Wavecor tweeter did you use Don? I am about start the same build using Paul's MTM design with the TW030WA08 tweeter.

• That's the same Wavecor tweeter I'm using in my Rival MTM's, but mine are mounted in 7" diameter, 1" deep waveguides:

jhollanderhifisidejr@mactajanesugly_wooferSilver1omoSteve_Leesquamishdroc6thplanet
  • @squamishdroc said:

@rjj45 said:
    I’ve still got couple of pairs of Rivals in boxes waiting on my slow ass. Built a tower MLTL MTM with the paper R176s and Wavecor tweeters. Sounded fricking awesome.

Which Wavecor tweeter did you use Don? I am about start the same build using Paul's MTM design with the TW030WA08 tweeter.

Hmm,
    I used the WA01 version. Perhaps not as great as the WA08, but sounded and measured great.

Steve_LeetajanessquamishdrocGowa
  • It will be interesting to see how our individual projects turn out 👍

rjj45PWRRYD