Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

RIVAL DRIVERS FOR SALE - NEW

2»

Comments

• edited February 2023

Silver1omougly_wooferhifiside6thplanetTurn2tajanesrjj45Steve_LeesquamishdrocGowaand 1 other.
  • 3" diameter port

Steve_LeeSilver1omosquamishdroc
  • That looks awesome!

• So sweet! I have good idea what those sound like. Love the Rival R176 woofers

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Those ought to get the job done nicely!

• Nice! Mine are going to be a bit bigger.......

PWRRYD
  • edited February 2023

Man Oh Man those enclosures look great so far! Nice work!

I struggled with not needing yet another tall tower project. I realize I'm giving up some LF extension jamming each pair into only 32 liters. But even though the modeled F3 is only around 43 Hz they roll off so nicely with an ~15 to 18 dB/oct slope I think they will blend well with my "not huge" listening room's gain.

squamishdrocrjj45
  • @PWRRYD said:

I struggled with not needing yet another tall tower project. I realize I'm giving up some LF extension jamming each pair into only 32 liters. But even though the modeled F3 is only around 43 Hz they roll off so nicely with an ~15 to 18 dB/oct slope I think they will blend well with my "not huge" listening room's gain.

I will have to see what the wife's reaction will be when I put these upstairs next to the tv - they will be about 48" tall with the base 😁

PWRRYDrjj45Steve_Lee
  • @PWRRYD said:

the F3 31 Hz I get from the towers is awesome. I think it sounds better integrated than using an external subwoofer.
    My build shows raw 3,960 in^3 which results in 65L for the pair. I think you should be able to go deeper easily

squamishdroc
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • They measured very well in box. The sim'd crossover fell together very easily with not a lot of parts. Time to build said prototype xo's and have a proper listen.

squamishdrocrjj45