Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

USA Tubes

Thought this was interesting .. why not build in the past, sound like they had the tooling for it? Ive never used any western electric tubes but curious what flavors they are going to build . Im guessing the 12ax7 , 6L6 . etc etc .....coke bottles? Hmmmm
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/western-electric-american-guitar-amp-tubes

Comments

• Qr maybe they have been making tubes? Either way , pretty cool

• With people paying extreme prices for NOS tubes, there is certainly a market. That said, if their 300B is any indication of the customer base they hope to attract, I'm not sure I can afford their prices. I really hope I'm wrong!

• More options almost always works better for the consumer.

• edited March 2022

@kenrhodes said:
    More options almost always works better for the consumer.

My hope is that Western Electric will also bring back some of the old, classic octal types from the 40's. I'm getting ready to start a complete restoration/re-build of that 25 watt mono amp you gave me a couple years ago. This is a 1940's DIY version of Heathkit's WA-1 Williamson amplifier and uses two octal 6SN7's as driver/phase splitters and two push-pull 807 power output tubes. It would really look nice sporting a brand new set of Western Electric vacuum tubes!!!

kenrhodes
  • I bought a NOS pair of 807s from Tube Depot last year. I think they were $20/ea. He said they had a pretty good stock and matched up a pair for me. Now see they only have the Sino/China in stock. I see Tubes & More still has some NOS, but who knows how many they have on the shelf.

• edited March 2022

It looks like on tubedepot.com that they are currently not selling any tubes from Russia. Only Chinese tubes and NOS tubes.

jholtz