Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Laptop Recommendation

2»

Comments

• edited October 2022

I use AVG Secure Browser except on the phone/tablet, based on Chrome.

• We should all (of us) test and try out options and decide for ourselves what works and what does not for our own needs and understanding.

WARNING --> diatribe ensues:

(The really frustrating thing about getting older is that you cannot just simply pass along your experience to others - they have to learn for themselves.

This is why history will teach man-kind absolutely nothing.

The few who can and will listen to the studious tend to slowly drag us toward the future.

It's the multitude of idiots following charlatans who have kept us in the dark for most of the past 200,000 + years . . .

Secret: Surround yourself with intelligent people.)

:)

• @Steve_Lee said:
    We should all (of us) test and try out options and decide for ourselves what works and what does not for our own needs and understanding.

(The really frustrating thing about getting older is that you cannot just simply pass along your experience to others - they have to learn for themselves.

The few who can and will listen to the studious tend to slowly drag us toward the future.

It's the multitude of idiots following charlatans who have kept us in the dark for most of the past 200,000 + years . . .

I follow that secret by going to speaker geek gatherings.

Steve_Leejoeybutts
  • @Steve_Lee said:
    We should all (of us) test and try out options and decide for ourselves what works and what does not for our own needs and understanding.

Sooooooo…. Use them all and decide for myself or go based off numerous users recommendations? 😂😂😂.

• edited October 2022

Try out as many as you wish (you can easily import your bookmarks into them) and see which ones you like.
    You really can have your cake and eat it too . . .

• I wax philosophical at times while speaking my thoughts to myself - apologies.

• I may have to try the Brave browser. Right now I use Chrome with the DuckDuckGo privacy extension. On the phone DuckDuckGo has their own browser. Been pretty happy with that combo.

• Thanks for the recommendation on Brave browser . I decided to give it a shot and like what Ive been seeing so far. Seems to be blocking things that the raspi blocker isnt ....

Steve_Lee