Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Better tweeter for this price????

Is there a better all around tweeter than this for the price?

Comments

• No. Not even close.

I have a signature.
  • I would have to agree with JR.

• Short answer: no
    Longer answer, I think I saw a test that showed almost no compression or rising distortion with increased drive levels. That results in the "beast mode" label. You can throw a lot at it and it never complains. Not bad at the list price of $45. A total steal at the sale price.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I also agree that tweeter is amazing. At $45 it's still a good value. It is a beefy tweeter on both size and performance.

• I bought a pair of them from Madisound at that killer $26 price. I haven't used them yet so no measurements or listening impressions. They are beasts though (heavy) with nice build quality. I should probably buy another pair before they go like many Peerless drivers, MOQ or NLA.

• @PWRRYD said:
    I bought a pair of them from Madisound at that killer $26 price. I haven't used them yet so no measurements or listening impressions. They are beasts though (heavy) with nice build quality. I should probably buy another pair before they go like many Peerless drivers, MOQ or NLA.

I built an RS180 - DX25 MTM a few years ago. Cheap(ish), great dynamics and very clean.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Pity about the $A to $US and postage costs, this looks like a real bargain. These are $60 each in Oz.

Geoff

• I'll probably buy another pair because I'm a sucker for a great deal. In the future if the postage costs drop and I haven't used them I'd be happy to send them your way.

GeoffMillar
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I bought a pair of them from Madisound at that killer $26 price. I haven't used them yet so no measurements or listening impressions. They are beasts though (heavy) with nice build quality. I should probably buy another pair before they go like many Peerless drivers, MOQ or NLA.

In my current center channel I have the beast mode (TM) matched to a faital pro 8FE200. It is like a match made in heaven, and I used almost no resistance at all in the crossover. Quite often I even think it sounds better than the Rival / Seas 27TFFC MTMs I use as my mains now. I can't say anything but positive things about this tweeter honestly, it's so good IMO.

hifisideSteve_Leejr@mac
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Agree with everything else said. There are some other ridiculous tweeter bargains out there. Most I am aware of are Tymphany/Peerless, so if they are really exiting the DIY market, that will be a most unfortunate development.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Dang it...now I'm going to have to buy a pair, or maybe two pairs....dang it! My driver shelves are already pretty full.

Steve_Leerjj45
  • @Tom_S said:
    Dang it...now I'm going to have to buy a pair, or maybe two pairs....dang it! My driver shelves are already pretty full.

I know of two peoples that have pulled the trigger since this post , now maybe three...

• I've already got a pair on the shelf but am on the fence about adding another pair . . . it is a sickness . . .

• @Steve_Lee said:
    I've already got a pair on the shelf but am on the fence about adding another pair . . . it is a sickness . . .

Yep, same here. I have used them in a build. Have a pair on the shelf and thinking about getting another at this price in case they become NLA.

Steve_Lee
  • edited October 2022

Prepping for the end of the world is different here than on gun boards and I prefer to hang out here.
    You guys are more worried about having good drivers for mental projects than surviving the un-survivable.

Got rice, beans ammo already - gets boring as hell listening to small minds . . . Need more drivers . . .

(Smack me if you must, JR)

Rock-on, guys!!

=)

• @Nicholas_23 said:

@Tom_S said:
    Dang it...now I'm going to have to buy a pair, or maybe two pairs....dang it! My driver shelves are already pretty full.

I know of two peoples that have pulled the trigger since this post , now maybe three...

I received mine before this was even posted B)

I wonder if inDIYana 2023 may get infested with em ;)

• Would be a good choice tweeter for the theme.
    I have a pair destined for a build in slow progress, but this is a very good price!

• I caved and just ordered 2 pair. Got a pair of the little SB 4" woofers too.

I'm so ashamed.... ;)

hifisiderjj45Steve_LeeWolfPWRRYD
  • I also caved and bought a pair after all this Beast Mode™ hype. I may try them with a Visaton WG 148 R and RS225.

• Do people like these better than the Dayton RST tweeters?

• @e6zion said:
    Do people like these better than the Dayton RST tweeters?

As far as l know, no one likes the RST tweeters.

kenrhodesJasonPSteve_LeeWolfjr@mace6zion
  • The RST aren't bad but they don't compare to previous version. The RST are "similar" to some of the Peerless tweeters imo.

kenrhodesJasonPSteve_Lee
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • You can't get them any more at a special price except in bulk, but the Peerless DA25 aluminium dome was/is rather good

https://www.parts-express.com/Peerless-DA25BG08-06-1-Aluminum-Dome-Tweeter-6-Ohm-264-1460

Have them in Craig's "Zenvos" two way with the 830656 - thank you Craig!

Geoff

• “Beast mode”
    tweeter at PE are running out.

• Little bird told me it is because Tymphany is definitely pulling out of DIY.

I have a signature.
  • 💩. I seen there was no availability date on them too so I’m guessing that means when they’re gone they’re gone

• That's going to leave big hole in the DIY market. :'(

• edited October 2022

Unfortunately when speaking with Madisound yesterday they confirmed Tymphany's desire/intention to pull out of the DIY market. :'(

jhollander