Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Better tweeter for this price????

2»

Comments

• Looks like SB is now my go-to brand.

Unless PE picks them up, I probably won't be ordering much from them in the foreseeable future.

• Have they found a larger market?
    Or are they getting out of the business altogether?

• I would bet they are focusing more on small drivers for laptops, smartphones, and connected devices. We (those building traditional hifi speakers) are now a much smaller market share than decades past.

jr@mac
  • Peerless drivers are used in a lot of OEM speakers. I was following a thread on cloning some SVS speakers that used drivers available at PE.

• Bummer!

That will just leave Dayton - prices just increased 20% - SB Acoustics, Visaton and D'Aichi for us in Oz.

Geoff

• So I purchased 2 more Beast Modes as "filler" for free shipping recently. Of the four I now have, one has a lower impedance peak at Fs and the two that arrived recently match up in DATS to the others I ordered, but sound audibly different when testing them. Almost like a buzz/resonance in the lower frequencies. I'll be calling Madisound today about this. Anyone else notice anything?

Steve_Lee
  • Run a few more sweeps. I have had that in the past, and I think it might be the tweeter suspension breaking in.

I have a signature.
  • Caved and bought a pair. You guys weren't kidding, at all. Absurd value for the price!