Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Coming soon to a forum post near you...

edited October 2022 in Hard Data

I have a pair of XT25-30, a pair of XT25-60, and a pair of Beast Mode. I understand those are not proper model numbers.

I will be doing in-box testing using one of the TM cabinets I just finished machining for heads up testing.

The big XT25 is not the same as the little XT25 with the exception of the extra magnet. Examining the data sheet it appears the motor has a lot more in common with the Beast Mode than it does with its little brother, so I am curious about its performance. It is also slightly more sensitive than the single magnet version. The Beast Mode advertises 0.1mm of Xmax, but even with the back cup removed in Brad's bigass open baffle speaker it held its composure reasonably well at Barbie Girl volumes - the Max Fidelity midrange was crapping out before the tweeter did. They both bowed out before the subwoofers did. It proved my moniker of Beast Mode this weekend.

Winner goes in the 2.5 way speaker, loser goes in the MTM. No reason, just decided that right now.

I have a signature.

Comments

• JasonPjhollanderrjj45hifisideSteve_LeeNicholas_23ugly_wooferTurn2S7910
    I have a signature.
  • Raise your hands if you ever want to run 100W through one of these lol. Man, what a racket that would make. Have to cross any of them about 10K to do so.

I have a signature.
  • If you're nice to the tweeter it will be nice to you.

hifisideugly_wooferrjj45
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Great...now I have a Barbie Girl stuck in my head again.

My quad of Beast Modes should arrive today, so I'm looking forward to your findings.

• Im honestly curious about the off axis of the beat nipple , hee hee and the beast mode dome.

• ~beast nipple~

ugly_wooferkenrhodes
  • I won't be doing off-axis measurements, I believe the mfr data to be accurate as regards that. Plus, the cabinet will influence things considerably.

I am looking in to distortion primarily.

I have a signature.