Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Big doe vs 1997 Acura CL

Big doe decided it wanted to ride shot gun with me before I could get the door open. This was end result . Trying to decide what to do with the vehicle. Fender is fucked along with the front glass , side glass and big l dent in the door ( tough to see in the low light).Just had a new timing belt , water pump and valve cover gasket last summer along with some new tires. I just had liability on the car. Decent head unit in it and some higher end pioneers with some AMT's up front in the dash. Junk it ?

Steve_Lee6thplanet

Comments

• Just a trip to the junkyard, grab a door, fender and glass. Everything except the windshield is a simple bolt on. The parts are fairly cheap, and your time.

6thplanet
  • I don't see sharp creases other than near the a-pillar, might try a dent shop. Do the windshield, let them push out what they can and live with it.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Bummer! I agreee with either of the above, junkyard parts or new glass and live with the custom body contours. If it’s a good car and it still owes you something (you mentioned new tires and some parts) I wouldn’t junk it.

• Vote check junkyards. Don't know the model year span, but looks like white, so that might be a good thing. Check ebay and such. Shipping big parts via Greyhound can save ya some bucks, if you have a station near by.

• I would be torn. It is a '97, but...it's so nice not making car payments!

Steve_Lee
  • If you can hold out until spring, we can get it bodyshop ready pretty easy. Or just drive it with whatever different colors you end up with scavenging at Nordstroms. I have all the tools we would need.

I have a signature.
  • edited January 2023

Ouch. Sorry.
    I'd keep the car and repair with junk yard parts as others suggested. What's the mileage?

• Thanks for the input guys. I started looking locally for parts but did have any luck. I did manage to find , in the correct color , a door and a fender but its located in Ohio. Ive yet to contact the recycler. Ill have to give them a call this week for price and shipping costs. Roman , I think its right at 230,000 and some change.

• I know a guy who can pull dents, too. Autoglass isn't too bad to replace. We can do the door glass pretty easy and on those older vehicles the windshield can be replaced for a couple hundred bucks.

6thplanetSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Yup, fixer up and roll on.

• Fender , door and mirror have been secured . Found place north of St.Paul that had them, and also in the color that I needed. 500 bucks and some change which includes shipping to business so had them shipped to work. Lets see how they show up :#

Steve_Lee6thplanet
  • Im impressed from what I can see.

Steve_LeeR-Carpenterdynamojr@macjhollander6thplanet
  • Yay!!

Good for you, buddy - now the works starts - pics of the progress would be motivational - please share and hope it all goes well.

:)

• I shall await spring - we can knock this out in an afternoon and a 12 pack.

dynamoSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Or in 2 hours without the 12 pack. :)

Steve_Leejr@macPWRRYDSilver1omo6thplanetS7910dynamo
  • Where's the fun in that...

Steve_Leejr@macPWRRYD6thplanetS7910dynamo
  • Based on the pictures it should smell like your Grandma!

jhollanderTurn2Wolfdynamo
  • Seriously though, Nick. Love to help you rock that project. Crank up the garage speakers and enjoy not-winter weather. Maybe take the truck for a cruise.

I have a signature.
  • Thanks for the offer Johnny , our buddy Jason offered up his heated garage.

jr@macSteve_LeetajanesRon_ES7910jhollanderBillet6thplanetMartyHSilver1omoand 4 others.
  • Kickass. Tell him I say hi.

I have a signature.
  • Copy will do

• Right on👍🏼