Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New work station

My shop area is small so space is at a premium. The old table while serving me well has seen better days and was long over due to be retired. 

So i searched around for ideas, drew up a gob of plans, and created what should last me a good long time. 
Old table and shop. Yes, its messy. Dont judge!

greywarden

Comments

• And on to the new table. Same size, 4x4 but now with cubbies for storage and a base that is inset by 3". Its flat, level, and hella strong! All panels and the top are secured with pocket screws. The bottom was predilled and uses 2" drywall screws. And of course, lots of glue. 

To the right of the drill press will be a router table. I will also be adding in Rockler T tracks for a fence and hold downs. A dust collection system is being upgraded as well. 

I had a bunch of 2x4s already so no money there. So as of now, i have about $80 into it. Time wise about 8-10hrs. 
    greywarden
  • Looks good Chuck! Good idea on the storage cubbies.
  • I borrowed heavily from Ron Paulk's design. His is a portable system but is 8ft long. I dont have nearly that kind of room. 

As it sits now i have at least 3ft on 3 sides and about 28" on the "deadside" behind the drill press. I will use thar corner for the dust collection. 
    Mzisserson
  • Good build.... Yes that Ron table is nice, need to copy off something from it.