Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (5)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

I want to trade drivers for cabinet finishing/veneer work by YOU!

Here's a proposition for anyone who can do some good veneer work and is within a hour or two of Lansing Michigan:

I have a couple of MDF subwoofer cab I build from the PE/DIYsoundgroup flat packs. These have been sanded/routed flush but are otherwise unfinished. It's this product:
https://www.parts-express.com/Denovo-Audio-Knock-Down-MDF-4.0-cu.-ft.-Subwoofer-Cabinet-for-Dayton-Audio-18-Ultimax-300-7089?quantity=1
External dimensions: 23" H x 20" W x 20.75" D

I also have a couple of pairs of Dayton subs: two RSS390HO-4 and two RSS265HO-4.

I would really like to get the cabs nicely finished, so I would be happy to trade the subs for veneer work or other cladding in wood or other material. If you are interested please contact me here via PM. I am willing to consider other possibilities in exchange for finish work on my cabs. Thanks!

Comments

• OK, never mind then. I will just duratex the cabinet white (already have a gallon of the stuff) and then use spray enamel on the panel with the roundover for some contrast. This is about the level of finishing I can handle, with lots of room for error and a low bar for appearance. It's one reason I don't build speakers that involve cabinets! =)

DanPSteve_Lee
  • Yes, think of it as your comparative advantage.

PS. Did you get my message on DIYA?