Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

I want to trade drivers for cabinet finishing/veneer work by YOU!

Here's a proposition for anyone who can do some good veneer work and is within a hour or two of Lansing Michigan:

I have a couple of MDF subwoofer cab I build from the PE/DIYsoundgroup flat packs. These have been sanded/routed flush but are otherwise unfinished. It's this product:
https://www.parts-express.com/Denovo-Audio-Knock-Down-MDF-4.0-cu.-ft.-Subwoofer-Cabinet-for-Dayton-Audio-18-Ultimax-300-7089?quantity=1
External dimensions: 23" H x 20" W x 20.75" D

I also have a couple of pairs of Dayton subs: two RSS390HO-4 and two RSS265HO-4.

I would really like to get the cabs nicely finished, so I would be happy to trade the subs for veneer work or other cladding in wood or other material. If you are interested please contact me here via PM. I am willing to consider other possibilities in exchange for finish work on my cabs. Thanks!

Comments

• OK, never mind then. I will just duratex the cabinet white (already have a gallon of the stuff) and then use spray enamel on the panel with the roundover for some contrast. This is about the level of finishing I can handle, with lots of room for error and a low bar for appearance. It's one reason I don't build speakers that involve cabinets! =)

DanPSteve_Lee
  • Yes, think of it as your comparative advantage.

PS. Did you get my message on DIYA?