Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New coils from Dayton Audio

As I am sure most of you have already seen, Dayton is now in the coil winding business. I do not know who is winding for them, but I suspect it is an overseas company. 

Since they are not releasing very many new drivers that seem to tickle anyones fancy, at least they are offering another option for coils. They lack only a 20awg option - but truth be told, the pricing on their 18awg choices is competitive with the 20awg options from Erse/Jantzen. 

For the "golly that's a pretty crossover" folks among us, they also offer a competitively priced foil option. I will be investigating those, since I am a "golly that's a pretty crossover" kind of guy, myself. 

I have a signature.
Turn2Facegreywarden

Comments

• Noticed that yesterday. Swapped those in for some Erse coils in my cart and raised an eyebrow at the savings. Easily could save enough to add a few of those new xo boards.
  • The price is amazing. 

I noticed that if you bought directly from Erse, some of their prices were much lower than PE's on standard values. I wonder if PE got tired of being undercut? 

My only issue is the quality of the copper. Just because they say it is good, does not mean it is. Erse uses extremely high quality copper. Color don't mean nuthin' either. PE has a track record of buying stuff overseas and having it less than par. My concern is long-term corrosion as their branded wire use to. You could watch it turn green right inside the jacket after a year or two. 

I may get a couple on my bext order and garage test them. Throw them in the garage for a few months during a damp, cool New England spring and into the heat of the summer and see how they last. 
    kennyk
  • I don't mind buying coils at a better price. Wholesale price on these is even better too.