Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

SB12PFCR25-04

Comments

• I found the perfect tweeters for these mids!! The NLA Peerlees Titanium dome tweeter. I bought them from Ebay this morning.

hifisideS7910
  • I paid $78 for the pair shipping included.

• Weren't those only about $20 or less when they were available?
    Not trying to sway you on your choice, Vince, but I've never been much of a fan of those. Keep us posted and let us know what you think of them...

• Yup. It's used on Zaph Audio kits.

• This tweeter is really good Ben. Low distortion and can be xo at 1.8khz.

• The DQ25 has a broadband glare (Rory's words) that I find utterly disgusting. I've only heard it one time where I did not find it to rear its ugly head, and I've heard it quite a few times. This is a likely case where the standard HD sweeps do not show it all. I know John tested it and claims it to be a solid tweeter, but I disagree.
    If you do use it for this, I welcome your thoughts.

• I'll let you know my findings Ben.

• Had time to work on my latest speakers, I renamed it to Charisa instead of Yaris. Charisa means in Greek, grace and kindness.

hifisideSteve_LeeS79106thplanet
  • I did not route the tweeter cutout. It's better to wait than be sorry lol... I'll get them tweeters next Friday.

• @Wolf said:
    The DQ25 has a broadband glare (Rory's words) that I find utterly disgusting. I've only heard it one time where I did not find it to rear its ugly head, and I've heard it quite a few times. This is a likely case where the standard HD sweeps do not show it all. I know John tested it and claims it to be a solid tweeter, but I disagree.
    If you do use it for this, I welcome your thoughts.

Ben, I'm waiting for these tweeters.
    But FYI see below.
    https://hificompass.com/en/catalog/speakers/tweeters/vifa-dq25sc16-04-1-titanium-dome-tweeter

• PE is also out of stock. It's selling for $18 a piece with minimum order of 1,000 pcs.

• Yep, I've seen that. I still think they sound cheap and broken.

6thplanet
  • @Wolf said:
    Yep, I've seen that. I still think they sound cheap and broken.

Maybe it was a defective? Poor crossover design?

• I'll find out soon. Plus I can return them if I don't like them.

• If it was defective, then quite a few were defective.

VCORPUZ23jhollander
  • The Peerless DQ25 arrived 2 days early. It looks good 👍.

hifiside
  • Both tweeters impedance are closely matched. So far so good.

Steve_Lee
  • Good thing I waited for the tweeter. I was about to use 2 5/8" on my Jasper Jig. It's actually 2 9/16".

• Now its perfect!

a4eaudioPWRRYD
  • Sounds good with no filter. Just the woofer playing. On to measurements and crossover design

• Box tuning of 58HZ is on the spot!

• I'm having fun with this project. Now it's time to find out what this tweeter is all about!

kenrhodes
  • That's a nice snug fit - about as good as it gets!

I used the DQ in speaker designed by Jay Kim about the same time Zaph designed his woofer. It was a decent project and it sounded....just OK. The whole design was a little lean for my tastes. I haven't had those speakers hooked up in a while. Maybe it's time to pull them out again.

VCORPUZ23
  • @Tom_S said:
    That's a nice snug fit - about as good as it gets!

I used the DQ in speaker designed by Jay Kim about the same time Zaph designed his woofer. It was a decent project and it sounded....just OK. The whole design was a little lean for my tastes. I haven't had those speakers hooked up in a while. Maybe it's time to pull them out again.

I appreciate your input Tom. I end up with a 2.4khz 3rd order electrical and lpad on the DQ's.. I'll wire up the crossover tomorrow or so... if this tweeter doesn't work out, I'll have the Peerless DX20 tweeters. Same size as the DQ's. I'm liking the SB12's with no filter on it... sounds nice with jazz and instrumental music...

• I end up with a 2.4khz crossover. I will try to wire this up this weekend. I'm impressed with this 4" Midwoofer!