Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Spinny Wheels-o-death (Table saws, Track saws, Circular saws.. oah my!)

2»

Comments

• edited June 2023

My old Craftsman tilts to the left. Tom's and Nick's do as well. The Ryobis pictured are right tilting.
    Craig, if yours tilts right, Tom and yours aren't the same.

• edited June 2023

Doing more trim work on the house. The old miter saw was getting long in the tooth.. motor bearing was going out. so I gave it to my neighbor. Woo new tool time! Hopefully this one is accurate enough to chop down those shelf boards. A straight edge looks much happier with this fence than the old one.

Aaaaand it wont fit through the basement door. So now I have to detach it from the rolling stand and lug the bulkier and heavier saw (than the previous one) up and down the steps... This is why I can't have nice things!

Steve_Lee6thplanet
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Buy a good fence and you will have a top notch saw.

Is there one you'd recommend? I've not delved into the power tool aftermarket before, so I have no idea what to look for.

• edited June 2023

For a cheap ish retrofit I really like Accusqaure. Installation involves drilling some holes in aluminum.

https://www.mulecab.com/tablesaw.html

kenrhodesS7910
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Yeah my saw tilts the blade to the left. Here it is with the router table extention and the SawStop fence.

hifisideS7910jhollander
  • @S7910 said:

@PWRRYD said:
    Buy a good fence and you will have a top notch saw.

Is there one you'd recommend? I've not delved into the power tool aftermarket before, so I have no idea what to look for.

Vega fences are nice. I have the shop fox and it's a night and day difference from the stock craftsman.

S7910
  • this all got me thinking- when was the last time I really measured (vs just eyeballing) / adjusted my fence

• I measure the cut to both edges of my blade every time. My fence is not great.

• @Wolf said:
    I measure the cut to both edges of my blade every time. My fence is not great.

That's practical advice.

My next project build I'll be giving a mitered joint a go (vs my standard butt joint with a bit of 'extra' glue). And I ordered a digital angle gauge. That, and first cuts on scrap.

• Idk if anyone else has been following this.

• The Sawstop at MAKESF tilts to the left, and usually the fence is on the right. My old Dewalt 745 job site saw tilted to the left also.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Sorry, not sorry

PWRRYDugly_woofer6thplanetSilver1omorjj454thtrySteve_Leejhollander
  • Holy shit!

• Saw that on Inside Edition.
    Barely missed him by seconds....